is situated in the heart of the delightful mountain village of Clarens in the Eastern Free State. The village is only 15km from the beautiful Golden Gate National Park in the foothills of the Malutis.
The village and surrounds are peaceful and safe and have good restaurants, pubs and a host of art galleries and other places of interest.
With it`s central location, Clarens is an ideal stop over point for the traveler or a wonderful destination in itself. Many outdoor activities are available, including hiking/walking, horse riding, fishing, game drives, white water rafting, abseiling, golfing, tennis and quad biking.
The Lesotho border is close by.
Please note NO children under the age of 12 years.
Accommodation at Patcham Place:
Patcham Place offers five rooms, each of which has the following features:
- Guests can relax in comfort and walk to restaurants and shops in perfect safety.
- We have Wi-Fi and just added a DSTV Bouquet which offers 8 Sport channels plus Movie Channel and M-Net.
We have Five Double Rooms at Patcham Place.
Please note NO children under the age of 12 years!
- Bronze Sunbird (this can be a twin or a King) Shower only and Balcony with stunning Mountain View.
- Marico Sunbird (this is a Queen Bed) Shower only and Balcony with stunning Mountain View.
- Malachite Sunbird (this can be a twin or King) Shower only and Balcony with stunning Mountain View.
- Miombo Sunbird (this is a Twin and the only one I have a Kitchen in) Shower only and a bigger balcony onto Mountain View.
- The Sunbird, (Queen Size bed) this room is situated on the garden level with it’s own patio onto the mountain, this room has a stunning shower.
All rooms have underfloor heating, heaters in the bathrooms and electric blankets.
All the rooms look onto our tranquil garden, a must for the avid bird watcher. We have just had a DSTV bouquet installed which comprises of 8 Sport Channels plus movie channels and M-Net. We also have Wi-Fi. Our Dining room has just been totally renovated and far bigger than before, this leads out onto our sun deck overlooking the garden, this makes it far nicer for our guests to have their privacy if they want it.
Patcham Place Guest House Activities:
With beautiful surrounding areas in Clarens, below are some activities one can explore whilst in our town:
- Art Galleries
- Book Shop – Bibliophile
- Blanket Shop, Clothing Shops Etc.
- Restaurants and Coffee Shops
- Walking Trails in Clarens and Golden Gate
- Quads and Game Drives
- Hiking – Witsieshoek / Sentinel Peak
- Basuto Cultural Village
- Snake Park
Click to display the map
Other Accommodation near Patcham Place Guest House:
Accommodation options within 8km from Patcham Place Guest House include:
Guest Rating: (2 reviews)
The home has been carefully and tastefully appointed with luxurious, top grade furniture and fittings. The floors are slate tiled and covered with beautiful Persian carpets.
Accommodation found in the Main street of Clarens. Two self catering units. Accommodate 4 persons each. View on the mountains from all the rooms and deck in front. Baai area. Three over night units. Accommodate 2 persons each. NO view. Own bathroom.
per person sharing
Sweetie Pie is a beautiful self catering cottage found in the remarkable small town of Clarens. The cottage is within walking distance to a variety of shops, galleries and restaurants as well as many wonderful attractions and outdoor activities.
Guest Rating: (3 reviews)
Red Mountain House is a unique Country Inn overlooking the village green in the mountain hamlet of Clarens. Within strolling distance of renowned art galleries, shops and eateries, Red Mountain House is the choice of the discerning traveller.
Guest Rating: (4 reviews)
In total Eddies sleeps 16. Rooms Ada, Ann and Santa sleeps 2 each. June sleeps 4 and Anki 6.
per person sharing