Situated on the historic Bloemendal farm, established by grant in 1692 by Governor Simon van der Stel. Paddabult Self Catering Cottages is surrounded by lush vineyards with the imposing Boland mountains in the background.
Our beautifully designed hillside Paddabult Self Catering Cottages will provide you with a unique pastoral experience.
Equidistant from Franschhoek, Paarl and Stellenbosch and only 45 minutes from Cape Town International Airport and the V&A Waterfront, yet far enough from the hustle and bustle of the city, Paddabult Self Catering Cottages offers you total relaxation on a working Citrus farm.
Accommodation at Paddabult Self Catering Cottages:
Our tastefully appointed cottages, each accommodates up to 4 people in a two bedroom & one bathroom cottage. The main bedroom has a queen size bed and the second bedroom features two single beds.
The fully equipped open plan kitchen and livingroom with television has large sliding doors, leading to an extensive patio with a built in barbeque facility, providing a breathtaking view of the lemon trees and surrounding mountain ranges.
After a day in which the many activities of the area can be experienced, you can enjoy a relaxing braai (BBQ) on your private patio.
Features at Paddabult Self Catering Cottages:
- Kitchen, open plan fully equipped
- Bedroom with a queen size bed
- Bedroom with two single beds
- Built in cupboards
- One bathroom with shower
- Television with. DStv facilities - only certain channels
- Secure parking within security fencing
- Air-conditioner in the livingroom
- Braai (BBQ) area on patio
- 40 minutes drive from Cape Town International Airport
- Take a stroll on the farm and enjoy the fantastic views on the Paarl-Franschhoek Valley.
- Visit one or more of the seven wine estates in the immediate area.
- Walk over to Noble Hill wine estate across the road and enjoy a glass of wine or even a picnic lunch with picnic basket and utensils supplied by them - a cellar tour can be arranged on request.
- Visit the famous neighbouring Le Bonheur crocodile farm and take a tour to see these huge monsters basking in the sun.
- Visit one of the many local restaurants with their lovely cheeses, olives, mezze and of course quality wines.
From the N1 Northerly direction:
1. Pass the 1st Stellenbosch (Klipheuwel) turnoff. Take the R44 / Klapmuts turnoff from the N1 (Exit 47).
2. Turn Right and drive towards Klapmuts (pass under the bridge). Cross over the first intersection (the R101) (less than 1 km from off ramp).
3. Turn Left into the road to Franschhoek and the R45 (less than 1km from the R 101 intersection). Follow the signs to Backsberg. Pass Backsberg and drive towards Franschhoek for another 2kms.
4. You will see Noble Hill on the right hand side of the road. At that point, start slowing down and prepare for a left turn. You will see the gates that mark the entrance to Paddabult.