Orange Grove Farm
is a working wine and olive farm situated in the heart of Robertson`s valley of wine and roses. The farm is less than two hours from Cape Town and is the ideal place to relax and rejuvenate.
Majestic mountains, crystal clear waterfalls, and abundant fauna and flora - at Orange Grove Farm guests can discover the wonders of nature, choose from a vast range of outdoor activities, or succumb to the peace, quiet and tranquillity.
Our luxurious self-catering cottages are named after the areas where the owner mined diamonds, and each has a unique story to tell. They combine comfort and beauty, offering a setting in which to linger and relax. Each cottage is fully serviced daily by our friendly staff, leaving you only to concentrate on unwinding and enjoying the magnificence of your surroundings. Your private veranda and swimming pool provides a relaxing vantage-point to take in spectacular mountain views, the overwhelming sound of silence, and the truly prolific birdlife. At night the crystal clear sky, and no artificial lights, will spectacularly display the breath-taking canopy of our southern stars. It will simply take your breath away!
Our cottages are located far enough from each other so as to provide maximum privacy for our guests. Access to each is via your own private road.
If you are looking for a romantic, elegant country setting and personalized service, visit Orange Grove Farm. We look forward to welcoming you to one of our luxurious cottages!
Accommodation at Orange Grove Farm: Wouterspan Lodge (Accommodated 6 people):
This charming three-bedroom house with en suite bathrooms exudes warmth. Creamy yellows and contrasting earth tones create a simple elegance, while the numerous windows capture the morning sun and beautiful mountain views. A fully equipped kitchen, with fridge freezer, microwave, stove and oven provide everything you need for your stay.
From the open plan lounge and dining area, a patio door opens onto the spacious veranda with a braai, outside dining area and swimming pool. The main bedroom has a king-size bed and upstairs you have a choice between a queen size and double bed. The main bathroom provides a separate shower and bath, wide mirror and lavish twin basins.
Each bedroom is outfitted with a dressing table, headboards and side tables with ample cupboard space. The upstairs lounge offers a bar fridge as well as a second television.
Mosesberg Cottage (Accommodates 2 people):
This private oasis of comfort is situated high up on a ridge surrounded by an olive grove and pristine fynbos. The cottage has magnificent 360 degree views of two valleys, mountains, olive groves and vineyards.
Ochre and cream colours create a warm, romantic atmosphere. Curl up in the queen size bed or, relax next to the fire on the welcoming couch or enjoy the sunset on the stoep with a glass of wine or take in the breathtaking vistas from your private swimming pool. From your fully equipped kitchen/dining area you step out onto an undercover outside dining area with built-in braai and the Langeberg Mountains as your backdrop.
Longlands Cottage (Accommodates 4 people):
Both spacious and cosy, this 2 bedroom cottage with en suite bathrooms, creates a warm and inviting setting for the perfect country escape. Large windows provide excellent views of the garden, veld and olive orchard surrounding the double story cottage. Cosy chairs provide the perfect reading spot in front of the fireplace, or linger on the patio while enjoying some sparkling wine in your private pool. The main bedroom has a king-size bed and the top bedroom has two single beds which can be joined together to make a king size.
Delportshoop Cottage (accommodates 4 people):
Situated high up on a ridge overlooking the farm dam, this cottage has magnificent 360 degree views of two valleys, mountains, vineyards and is a bird lover’s paradise.
Both spacious and cosy, this 2 bedroom cottage with en suite bathrooms creates a warm and inviting setting for the perfect country escape. Large windows provide excellent views of the veld, dam and mountains. Cosy chairs provide the perfect reading spot in front of the fireplace, or linger on the patio while enjoying some sparkling wine in your private pool. Every room in the cottage have a fireplace, making it the ideal Winter-hide away. The main bedroom has a king-size bed and the second bedroom has two single beds which can be joined together to make a king size bed.
FineView Cottage (accommodates 5 people - 4 adults and a child)
This charming three-bedroom house is situated high up on a ridge overlooking the farm and mountains. Earthy tones create a simple elegance, while the numerous windows capture the morning sun and spectacular mountain views. A fully equipped kitchen, with fridge freezer, microwave, stove and oven provide everything you need for your stay.
From the open plan lounge and kitchen area, a patio door opens onto the spacious veranda with a braai, outside dining area and swimming pool. Cosy chairs provide the perfect reading spot in front of the fireplace, or linger on the patio while enjoying some sparkling wine to compliment the scenery. The main bedroom has a queen-size bed and the other 2 bedrooms provide you with a choice between a double and single bed. The main bathroom provides a separate dressing room, shower and bath and the second bathroom a shower. This cottage is air-conditioned, has a plasma TV, satellite TV and WiFi to ensure guests enjoy a comfortable and relaxing holiday. Buffelsbank Cottage (accommodates 4 people)
Buffelsbank Cottage is self-catering and has two bedrooms, both en-suite, one with bath and separate shower and the other with shower. One bedroom has a King Size bed and the other bedroom has two Single Beds which can be joined to form a King Size bed. The cottage is luxuriously furnished with a Plasma TV, DSTV, private swimming pool, garage, fully equipped kitchen, undercover built-in braai on the front stoep and another built in braai in the swimming pool area. The stoep overlooks our vineyards and has wonderful views of the valley and the mountains. The unit has free Wi-Fi and is fully serviced daily leaving you with the time to relax and enjoy the wilderness.
Orange Grove Farm Activities:
The deep calm of the silent hills provides a healing balm for the soul, and sweeping vistas of the Langeberg Mountains provides a space for the spirit to simply ‘be’. The sounds of birdsong and trickling water will relax you as you linger alongside the river and swimming pools. Or imply wander among indigenous gardens, veld and fascinating rock formations, carved out over centuries.
To experience the best of the farm and surrounding areas, you are invited to combine a variety of activities:
Challenge your fitness levels and enjoy one of our four hiking trails:
- The Peerboom Dam Trail is a relatively easy self-guided 1-2 hour hike on a mountain ridge where you meander through unspoilt fynbos, and in season guests will view masses of wild flowers and numerous flowering protea species. There is also a picnic spot on the trail with breath-taking views of the surrounding mountains.
- The Droë Kloof Trail is a more strenuous 3 - 4 hour hike taking you over a series of mountain ridges where the floras of the Karoo, Renosterveld and high mountain vegetation come together. The trail crosses a wild unspoilt part of Orange Grove Farm and has numerous fantastic vantage points offering magnificent 360' views of the Langeberg, from Robertson all the way to Worcester. Take a picnic hamper and enjoy lunch at the rest site half way along the trail. As the name implies there is no water on this trail so be sure to take along plenty of drinking water.
- The Smits Kloof Trail is a slightly more challenging workout for seasoned walkers and you will be accompanied by an experienced guide. This hike takes you past numerous rock pools where you can see the endangered Breede River Red Fin fish, and crosses the river several times. Here guests may refresh and swim in crystal clear mountain water, encircled by towering rock formations, with the spray of a waterfall just a few feet away. This magical setting is perfect for savouring a light private picnic, before heading back to your cottage. The entire route takes about 3-4 hours or alternatively Guests can opt for a 45 min walk to the rock pools for a morning or afternoon of swimming and relaxation.
- The Rooikrans Kloof Trail takes you through a narrow kloof known as Naald se Oog
, along a crystal clear mountain stream which you traverse several times. Here at the foot of the Langeberg you will be surrounded by towering red mountain crevices and magnificent flora. Walking through the forest of Rooi Els, Cape Holly and Yellow Wood trees the trail ends at a magnificent waterfall where you can enjoy a picnic lunch before heading back to your cottage. The entire trail takes 2-3 hours.
The Droë Kloof, Rooikrans and Smits Kloof hiking trails are remote and wild. All Guests must be accompanied by one of our experienced Guides. These trails are only accessible by 4X4 vehicles. Our Guides will collect you from your Cottage in one of our vehicles. An alternative for the fitter and more energetic Guests is a lovely 3km walk through hidden valleys and beautiful fynbos to the start of the trails.
Be sure to take along an empty water bottle as the crystal clear and clean mountain water on the Rooikrans Kloof and Smits Kloof hikes, is safe to drink.
- Bring along your own bike or use one of ours and enjoy the numerous gravel roads on the farm and the surrounding area.
- For the fit and seasoned mountain bikers we have the 8km Kort Kloof trail which takes you up a lovely valley through magnificent proteas and fynbos over a mountain pass descending down into Rooikrans Kloof.
- The Diep Kloof trail is 20km and offers experienced riders an unbelievable view of numerous kloof, valleys and mountain ridges.
- Both these trails formed part of the 2012 Cape Epic and should only be attempted by fit and experienced riders.
- Take a stroll along the vines and orchards on the farm.
- Explore the dirt roads on your mountain bike.
- For the less energetic, Orange Grove Farm provides a perfect retreat for painting, writing, photography and reading.
- Birding - we have many species and habitat types that will keep you really busy.
- Star gazing: Cloudless nights provide a brilliant night sky for all enthusiasts.
Activities & Attractions nearby:
- Wine tasting in the Robertson region is a treat, with estates varying from well-known wineries to great value-for-money cooperatives.
- Horse riding can be arranged on neighbouring farms.
- Kayaking down the Breede River throughout the year is available by prior arrangement.
- Play a round of golf at the 18 hole Silwerstrand Golf course.
- Visit the historic town of McGregor less than 37 km's away, or take a drive to Montagu (55 km’s).
Click to display the map
Other Accommodation near Orange Grove Farm:
Accommodation options within 8km from Orange Grove Farm include:
Langdam-in-Koo is a guest farm 38 km from Montagu on the R318 'fruit route'. We offer self-catering cottages/suites or camping/caravaning.
Our suites and cottages sleep between 2-8 guests and our campsite can accommodate up to 42 people.
Guest Rating: (3 reviews)
Self-catering holiday accommodation in mountain cottages on a beautiful fruit and wine farm in the Keisie Valley, 24 kms outside of Montagu, Western Cape.
Pick your own roses or fruit, visit our gooseberry packing shed, hike or swim. Fireplaces, pool!
Guest Rating: (4 reviews)
Self-catering cottages, between Robertson and Worcester, 2hrs from Cape Town and based in the Robertson wine valley and Breeriver valley, with many wine cellars, outdoor activities and natural attractions.