Onrus Mountain Escape is a charming and luxury self-catering home located on the mountainside in Onrus River. The home boasts picturesque town, mountain and sea views, and is situated 3 km from Onrus Beach and 7 km from central Hermanus, which boasts an array of popular whale-watching spots to visit.
Nestled on the mountain, a beautifully decorated and appointed spacious home overlooks Onrus Beach and magnificent mountain views behind. Enjoy the wood-fired hot tub and braai/fire pit.
This tastefully decorated 2-bedroom 2-bathroom cottage boasts stunning mountain, area and sea views. The home boasts free Wi-Fi access, a well-equipped kitchen, an open-plan living area with a fireplace, and an outdoor shower.
Surrounded by the sea, mountains and wine farms, there is no better place to be. Guests can visit the various nature reserves, explore the walking, hiking and cycling paths, play a round of golf at Hermanus Golf Club, or go wine tasting in the Hemel en Aarde wine route.
Cape Town International Airport is 102 km away.
* Self-catering accommodation
* Inverter in case of power outages (load shedding)
* Full kitchen
* Ironing board
* Washing machine
* Coffee/tea facilities
* Outdoor furniture
* Wood-fired Hot tub
* Outdoor dining area
* Free Wi-Fi access
* TV and Satellite TV
* Sitting area
* Dining table
* Garden views
* Mountain views
* Smoke alarm
* Fire extinguisher
* First aid kit
* Secure free parking
The coastal enclave of Onrus is situated in the attractive Overberg region of the Western Cape. Lying on a seaside strip, mere minutes from Hermanus, Onrus is nestled between mountains, rivers, lagoons, and the turquoise ocean. Onrus is located just a short drive away from the centre of Hermanus, with its many popular tourist attractions, yet it offers a quieter alternative for visitors to come back to at the end of the day. Nature lovers visiting Onrus can enjoy picturesque walks and hikes along the peninsula to Onrus lagoon or along the meandering coastal foot paths. Swimming and snorkelling can be enjoyed in the interesting rock pools along this path. Other activities to be enjoyed in Onrus include a visit to DV Artisan Chocolate, known for its dedication to ancient chocolate-making techniques; the only “bean to bar” chocolate maker in South Africa; as well as nearby activities including shark cage diving in Gansbaai, browsing Hermanus’ craft markets, and horse riding.
* Whale-watching in season
* Fishing * Botany
* Wine farms
* Wine tasting
Onrus Mountain Escape is a two bedroom self catering cottage
- If cancelling 7 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the booking total.
- If cancelling 14 days before arrival, forfeit 50% of the booking total.
- If cancelling 21 days before arrival, forfeit 30% of the booking total.
- If cancelling 30 days before arrival, forfeit 20% of the booking total.
* No smoking indoors.
- Load Shedding: * There is an inverter that will run the TV and Wi-Fi. * There are “smart bulbs” which will illuminate when the power goes off. These are situated in the kitchen, bedrooms and lounge. * The Hob and oven are gas operated. You will need to use the lighter to ignite in the event of load shedding.
- Oven: * The oven and hob are gas-supplied. Please ensure that all the knobs are switched OFF after use.
- Hot Water: * The geyser will be switched on. If, for any reason, there is no hot water, please set the switch to the up position in the storeroom below the entrance.
- Waste: * If the bin is full, there is a “Wheely Bin” at the entrance/driveway. Please note that rubbish collection takes place on a Tuesday, so if you are in residence, please place the Wheely bin outside the gate.
- Safety: * These premises are used at your own risk, and children are to be supervised at all times (especially if kids are using the hot tub).
- Departure: When you leave…. * Please leave the gate control on the desk inside the house (remember to open the gate first!). * Lock both the front and entrance door. * Put the keys in the lockbox and scramble the code. * Drive out and use the Keypad, please close the gate!