In the early days of the Cape many wagons took the rough and arduous pass over the Hottentots Holland mountains to the Overberg and the still mysterious interior of the South African country.
The farm`s history is intertwined with its two neighbors, “De Fortuin” dating back to 1711, and “Knorhoek”, granted in 1790 to Thomas Knoetze who already owned “Ongegund”. From 1842 Ongegund`s name changed to “Myrtle Grove”.
Ongegund with its breathtaking gardens and setting will make a wedding celebration or special birthday the fairytale of a lifetime!
Conferences & Functions
Being only 30 minutes from the Cape Town International Airport , Ongegund Lodge is the answer to your next corporate or private function, with the best in modern facilities and service in the most beautiful venues.
The old wine cellar which dates from 1820 is transformed into a stunning two level Conference Centre suitable for all conference setups where we can comfortably host maximums of 80 to 200 persons. Here are the ideal surroundings where professional persons can gather for team building, workshops, gala dinners and conferences. The farm offers the opportunity for dedicated hard work and relaxation.
In our Lodge we have a reception area of 100 square meters for a more personal and cozy function while our outside courtyard area with private bar and restroom facilities is suitable for 200 guest and is perfect for wedding ceremonies and marquee events.
* Bird watching
* Black bass fishing
* Horse riding
* Mountain bike trail and hiking trail
* Watch day to day activities on a vine estate
* Just relax and enjoy the peaceful surroundings
From Cape Town:
- Follow the N2 through Somerset West towards Grabouw. After 3 sets of robots take the left slipway towards Somerset West.
- Follow the road to the town of Somerset West over a railway bridge, at the next robot with Vergelegen Medi Clinic on your top right corner, turn right.
- Follow this road for 6 km and turn left onto the farm, the gate being before the Ongegund Sign.
Situated between the beautiful mountains of the Helderberg, Ongegund is centrally located between Somerset West, Gordons Bay and the best of the Cape Winelands. We offer our guests luxurious and modern facilities in our main building which dates back to 1790.
Accommodation is provided in en-suite double and single rooms, family rooms, self catering rooms and a loft room with lounge. We cater for the individual as well as group bookings and include breakfast with our accommodation.