One on Hely
offers 4 Star accommodation to the discerning traveler. Six bedrooms upstairs and 3 downstairs which includes a private Family Suite, offer spectacular views over the evergreen forests and warm Indian Ocean.
Blessed with a subtropical climate, Mtunzini is in a Conservancy area and is a hidden gem. Loads of bird life, wild life, plants and forests to walk, cycle or hike. We have the lagoon and beach right on our doorstep and are blessed with village restaurants which serve good food, but are not fancy.
We are 90 km from King Shaka International airport in the heart of Zululand lies the jewel you have been looking for and is Malaria free.
Accommodation at One on Hely:
All the rooms are generous King, extra large and deluxe rooms which can be made up to twin. They are all en suite with balconies and views over the indigenous evergreen forests and warm Indian ocean. Each room is fully air conditioned, has free wifi, a desk for working, a tea and coffee tray, a fridge, ceiling fans, television, safe and hairdryer. Swimming towels are provided.
The Family suite can fit 2 adults and 2 children comfortably and has a large open plan bedroom and en - suite with its own private lounge, full bouquet television and adjoining room with twin beds and a toilet.
One on Hely Activities:
- Swimming pool, communal lounge and library bookshelf on the premises. Ideal for bird watching.
- Mtunzini has both the sea and lagoon which are ideal for picnics and walking on their boardwalks to view the Mangrove swamps with endless crabs and mud skippers and resident Zebra or red duiker. Barge trips are also available.
- One can kite surf, mountain bike, trail run or walk the beautiful trails throughout the forests as well as visit the Raffia boardwalk monument. Guided birding trips to view the Green barbet or Palm Nut Vulture are highly recommended.
- We are close to Eshowe Dlinza aerial boardwalk, the museums, Shakaland and butterfly dome.
- The Battlefields, Umfolozi and Hluhluwe Game reserves and World Heritage site of iSimangaliso Wetland Park are a day trip away.
Click to display the map
Health & Climate:
Malaria free area.