Nestled among the foothills of the Waterberg Mountains, Nuanetzi Game Lodge can be considered as the perfect escape in the perfect setting. Exchange the every day city life for peace, tranquility and a well-earned rest.
Situated in a Malaria free area, close to Mookgophong (previously Naboomspruit), Nuanetzi Game Lodge offers true peace and tranquility only a stone`s throw away from everyday life less than two hours drive from Johannesburg and less than 40 minutes drive from Bela-Bela.
With an abundance of game and bird life, you will enjoy your stay. We have over 12 species of game and over 300 species of birds.
The natural surroundings also include an array of identified indigenous flora typical of the Waterberg region.
Enjoy game drives twice a day and game walks, or sit on the deck of your chalet and watch the game come down to drink at the waterhole.
Thatch Roof Bar
Adjacent to swimming pool & lapa, the Bar stocks a variety of beers, wines, spirits & cold drinks. This is where guests relax at the end of the day with a refreshing drink, discussing the days events or watching rugby, etc. on our BIG SCREEN, or just having a great time while dancing the night away in the lapa.
Thatched roof with seating for 20 people. Ideal for functions e.g. birthday parties, social events and conferences, etc. The entertainment area becomes stunning at night when the lights are turned on.
Cold water swimming pool, nestled among large wild fig trees and lush green lawns, adjacent to bar /lapa and boma facilities. The ideal place to catch up on your tan, while the guys are watching rugby in the pub.
Ideal for group braais, e.g. birthday parties, conferences, etc. equipped with its own kitchen, wash facilities, crockery & cutlery.
- Game Drives (bring your own binoculars)
- Quad Bike Track Bring your own Quad Bike, but no sports quads will be allowed.
- Bush Walks
- 4x4 Vehicle off-road routes available
- Bar facilities available at very reasonable prices
- Swimming Pool (use at own risk, no lifeguards in attendance)
- Thatched Lapa seating for 20 people
- Boma with ample braai facilities
- DSTV at lapa
- Star Gazing at night
- Bird watching (bring your binoculars)
- Hunting offered during hunting season
- Mountain biking - bring own mountain bikes, or can rent from Nuanetzi
- Saturday Night Braai evening at LAPA/BOMA, to be booked well in advance
- Wild Nature Photography (bring camera & binoculars)
- Own vehicle game drives: Guests may use their own vehicle to go on a Game drive, but it will be entirely at their own risk.
- Customers are welcome to undertake a bush walk at their own risk, free of charge.
Thatched Bush Chalets
Self-Catering or B&B, built on stilts. Viewing deck with tented section, with 4 chairs and table overlooking the mountains, sprinkbok flats and a waterhole below.
Accommodation in chalets is cozy and comfortable, consisting of:
- 1 x D/bed in bedroom,
- 2 x single sleeper couches in lounge area,
- 1 x D/ sleeper couch in tented area on viewing deck
Each chalet with its own open plan kitchen adjacent to lounge area which is fully equipped with: Crockery, cutlery, small fridge, 4 plate gas hob, microwave, toaster, zinc and breakfast nook.
Bathroom with shower, toilet and facial wash basin. Hot & Cold running water. 24hour electricity, 220volts plug points, overhead fans and cellphone reception.
Stone Chalet with Thatch Roof
Sleeps 4 persons on single beds, 2 per room with en-suite bathroom consisting of shower, toilet and facial wash basin. Hot & Cold running water, 24hour 220volt electricity.
At this stage Unit is not self catering although Boma/Lapa braai facilities can be used for self catering, being only 30 meters
from your unit.
All linen is supplied, bring your own towels, kettle & mugs are supplied for coffee. Braai facilities available at Pool Boma.
Dormitory with En-suite Bathroom:
Sleeps up to 8 persons single beds sharing/, in open plan sleeping area, with en-suite bathroom consisting of showery toilet and facial wash basin.
Unit is for full catering, should you wish to have self catering, you could make use of Boma braai & kitchen facilities right next to this unit.
- All you have to bring is your own towels. We supply linen.
- We also can offer you breakfast and light lunches at Sekelbos koeffiekroeg on prior arrangement - menu and prices on request.
- No TV/DSTV available at chalets
From Mookgophong follow the R502 for 10km to a T-junction. Turn right and travel for 13.5km towards Doorndraai dam. Turn left at the sign to Nuanetzi Game Lodge and travel for 2.4km on a dirt road to the entrance.