Nestled between towering cliffs and set in amazing Tropical gardens on the banks of the Umzimvubu River, N'taba River Lodge is a family resort offering the finest mixture of Wild Coast hospitality and hugely comfortable rooms. Holiday makers seeking a place to get in touch with nature can find it all here!
N'taba River Lodge is a nature lover's dream - indulge in lazy days just enjoying the river flowing past, canoeing, spending a day at the beach, enjoy hiking or walking trails, go horse riding on the beach, visit local communities and sample a local Pondo lunch.
With the diversity our rugged landscape, the sheer beauty of the area and dense vegetation that surrounds us, bird watching enthusiasts will be held a captive audience throughout their visit, not to mention the opportunity for amazing photographs and unforgettable memories to take back with you!
Children older than 12 years are welcome. Cribs are not available. The maximum number of extra beds in a room is NIL.
Accommodation at N'taba River Lodge:
N'taba River Lodge is an attractive and luxurious establishment with a relaxing and laid-back atmosphere. You will be pampered in spacious single or two bedroom family cottages, each with its own en suite bathroom or shower. All rooms are completely private and provide the ultimate in comfort and style. In-Room features in all rooms include:
- Tea/coffee making facilities
- Mini -bar fridge (stocked on request)
- En-suite bathrooms
- Plasma television (10 DSTV Channels)
- Guest Amenities (Wrapped Soap, Shampoo, Shower Caps, Bath Foam, Body Lotion)
Our Honeymoon Cottage is available where our friendly staff is happy to serve a candle-lit dinner on your private patio overlooking the river.
Our Madiba Executive Suites on the other hand, is offered to the discerning and frequent traveler who understands true luxury. These suites are very large and spacious and it is situated right alongside the river. They are also beautifully decorated rooms providing the ultimate in comfort and style. Each room is tastefully decorated with imported Indonesian teak furnishings of the highest quality, granite -topped surfaces in the bathrooms and frame less shower enclosures and Copper bath tubs. These rooms accommodate a maximum of 2 guests and contain a king-size 4 poster bed and an in-room lounge area.
Standard Rooms are free standing cottages. It has 2 separate bedrooms with an inter-leading door. Each room has its own en suite with a shower, while our -
Superior Rooms offer the comfort of Air-Conditioning and en suites with bath and shower.
Our Family Cottages can accommodate up to 4 persons. It has 2 separate bedrooms each with its own en suite with shower only. The Main bedroom has an en suite shower and bath. The Main bedroom has a King sized 4 poster Bed, while the 2nd bedroom has 2 Single beds. Both rooms are fully equipped with separate televisions. The Fisheagle also has a very large lounge and sundeck overlooking the river.
Activities for tourist include:
- Hiking and guided walks
- Mountain Biking to explore the heart of nature
- Dolphin and Whale watching offered during the Sardine Run
- Canoeing and Water sport
- Golf Course - Port St johns has a 9 hole golf course
- Horse riding
Places of Interest:
- Lighthouse : A walk to the Lighthouse on 1st Beach is a multimedia adventure and a simple way to experience Port St Johns
- The National Museum: A 5 min drive to the museum allows you an opportunity to experience the rich history and culture of the Pondo culture
- Silaka Nature Reserve: Drive up to 3rd Beach and spend a day beachcombing or soaking up the Wild Coast sunshine.
- Umgazana Swamps: Drive to Umgazana, meet the local people. Canoe through the Umgazana swamps with a guide.
- The Gap and Blowhole
- Mt.Thesiger Airstrip offers aerial views of Port St Johns and the Ocean below.
Tours or self drive trips can be arranged to:
- Waterfall Bluff
- Magwa Falls
Situated just outside town on R61.