Nottingham Country House, combines warm hospitality, charm and sophisticated comfort for leisure travelers and business executives.
An original country house, built in 1910, has gleaming wooden floors, high ceilings and stained glass doors, reminding reflections of a gracious era.
Ideally located in the beautiful garden suburb of Walmer, which is centrally situated close to the airport(1km), less than five minutes drive to The Boardwalk Casino and Entertainment Center, the beachfront and within walking distance to fabulous restaurants & pubs. The new Nelson Mandela Bay stadium is a 5min drive away! We are an hour`s drive from The Addo Elephant National Park, Shamwari and other Eastern Cape malaria-free game reserves.
- The Boardwalk Casino and Entertainment World is only five minutes drive and offers a full mix of family fun, entertainment, shopping, dining and gambling. The Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium - 5 min drive!
- Nelson Mandela Bay is the gateway to more than a million hectares of the malaria-free game reserves of the Eastern Cape. This includes Addo Elephant National Park, home to some 400 elephants.
- In addition to Addo, numerous other private game parks and reserves (Shamwari, Lalibela, Schotia Safaris, etc) are all within an hours drive from Nottingham Country House.
- Less than five minutes from Nottingham Country House, on the beachfront, is Bayworld, a popular tourist attraction and comprises the Museum.
- Oceanarium and Snake Park, which houses a wide variety of indigenous snakes as well as an impressive variety of Eastern Cape reptiles!
- Turn left into "Allister Miller", which becomes Third Avenue. Continue past the filling station on your left, over the railway line and turn left (2nd street) into Albert Road. We are on the right hand side, number 67.
- Follow the "Settlers Way" sign and stay on the (M4) all the way to the end of the freeway. Turn right into Walmer Boulevard (M9) at the traffic lights.
- Continue until Third Avenue, turn left as if going to the airport at the set of traffic lights and then right into Albert road and we are on the right hand side, number 67.
Five en-suite bedrooms and two family units, have an ambience of tranquility and style, some with private patios / entrances.
Each unit has its own private entrance, en-suite bathrooms, tea and coffee making facilities, TV with DSTV (hotel bouquet), snack & beverage mini bars, heaters, fans & hairdryers - all to ensure ultimate comfort and relaxation!
Hampshire (Room 6) is a lovely spacious two bedroom family suite with a large private balcony overlooking the pool area ideal for a family of five to six members. Winchester (Room 7), is a quaint garden cottage ideal for a family of three or four members.