Welcome to Nothando Backpackers Lodge
, a 5 Star Lodge sSituated in the beautiful Plettenberg Bay on the Garden Route of South Africa.
Nothando Backpackers Lodge is a must visit for the discovery, adventure, beach and home away from home seeker. A luxury award winning backpackers run by the Dreyer family for over 19 years, Nothando Backpackers Lodge has established itself as the choice place to stay in the world renowned Plettenberg Bay.
Come enjoy another superb day in the Bay.
Accommodation at Nothando Backpackers Lodge:
Nothando caters for travelers seeking luxury double rooms, dorms and twin rooms. Crisp white linen and warm blankets are provided for, small luxuries like hairdryers, reading lights and guest amenities are standard at our 6 Star graded lodge.
At Nothando Backpackers Lodge our service and facilities are of the highest standard and a belief in quality, value and creature comforts are the starting point for all we have to offer.
Nothando Backpackers Lodge Activities: Whale and dolphin watching
- Plettenberg Bay offers fantastic boat based whale and dolphin watching. Experience the magic of encountering whales, dolphins, seals and pelagic birds in their natural habitat.
- This is the ultimate thrill! Come and jump off the world's highest (commercial) bungy bridge. We secure you in a full body harness and proceed to walk along a specially designed catwalk, which is suspended beneath the road surface, which will then lead you to the top of the arch - 216 meters above the.
- Monkeyland has as one of its aims, to create awareness about the plight of primates and to show that with a greater understanding of our primate cousins, that we can all live in harmony.
Birds of Eden
- is the largest free-flight aviary in the world. The sanctuary encompasses 2.3 ha of partly forested land, covered by a 3.2 ha mesh and criss-crossed by a 1.2 km walkway. Visitors are welcome to explore at their own pace, with the use of Birds of Eden's specialised guidebook.
- We offer guest and elephant driven programs where the most important part of our operation is happy elephants and satisfied guests. Our programs offer one of a kind elephant interaction and are unique to the Elephant Sanctuary.
Tenikwa Wildlife Awareness Centre
- at Plettenberg Bay offers a truly unique Wildcat Experience. Guests are taken on a guided tour to meet captive-bred furry felines, living in a semi-natural environment. So close, you can hear them purr.
- Experience the sea in a new and different way. Imagine setting sail in a specially made kayak into an impossibly blue bay, where distant mountains are outlined against the sky and dolphins arrive to join in the fun. Memories are made of this special offering in the sheltered waters of Plettenberg Bay.
Keurbooms River Ferry
- Explore the Keurbooms River Nature Reserve in the comfort of one of our 30 seaters crafts. Relax and enjoy as we guide you through the history of this incredible area.
Click to display the map
Other Accommodation near Nothando Backpackers Lodge:
Accommodation options within 8km from Nothando Backpackers Lodge include:
Guest Rating: (1 review)
We cater for all accommodation needs, from the budgeting back-packer to those who like to splash out on luxury, as well as the romantic honeymooners.
Galini in Greek means Peace and Contentment. We hope you will experience this at our exclusive homestay in Plettenberg Bay. Galini boast an excellent location being close to the beach and the main shopping area.
per person sharing
This Backpacker consists of 5 apartments and is backpacking with a difference, situated one block up from Main Street. A 100 m stroll takes you to the shops, restaurants and pubs of Plettenberg Bays Main Street. Walking distance to Central Beach.
per person sharing
Whalesong Hotel & Spa is situated in a lush landscaped garden in Plettenberg Bay, the jewel of South Africa's Garden Route, renowned for it's unique scenery and moderate climate.
per person sharing
Amakaya Backpackers hostel & self-catering accommodation is 300 metres from Main Street, Plettenberg Bay where you will find shops, restaurants, pubs, etc and 800m from the popular Central Beach.