Welcome to a royal stay at Newkings Boutique Hotel, recently upgraded and now rated four stars by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa. newkings boutique hotel owner Romao da Luz bought the block at 94 Regent Road in Sea Point, formerly housing the Spar and a parking lot, in 2000.
In 2006 he demolished the existing buildings, building the 8-storey Piazza da Luz shopping centre, known predominantly for its flagship Spar and expanded Woolworths stores, and parking. Initially he planned to add apartments, but as the 2010 World Cup was held in our country, and there being a shortage of accommodation, Romao decided to turn the 3rd to 5th floors into a 42-bedroom hotel instead, naming it the Newkings Boutique Hotel, the site having housed the Kings Hotel many years ago, named after the nearby Kings Road in Sea Point.
Recently the hotel was refurbished, a luxurious Gaia Gift and Decor Boutique was added, and an internationally-driven Zest restaurant has opened its doors in the hotel, independently operated and owned by Chef Pavel Dimitrov and his team. ‘We are delighted with the zest and energy which Zest Restaurant is giving our Hotel, and look forward to welcoming locals as well as visitors to Cape Town to stay at our hotel and to dine at Zest Restaurant ’, says Romao. Newkings Boutique Hotel is located in the Piazza da Luz, offering not only a Spar and a Woolworths, but also a Spa, gym, and medical and skincare professionals.
* Big 5
* Game Drives
* Quad Biking
* Whale Watching
* Bungee Jumping
* Health & Fitness
* Shark Cage Diving
* Climbing - Traditional
* Sailing - Yacht Charters
Large, comfortable rooms, with a King size bed and an open plan bathroom with a shower only. The room is equipped with Airconditioning, TV and Coffee/Tea making facilities. Complimentary WiFi is available during your stay.
Spacious rooms, with a King bed and an partial open plan bathroom with both a separate shower and bath. The room is equipped with Airconditioning, TV and Coffee/Tea making facilities. Complimentary WiFi is available during your stay.
Ideal for families, these two-bedroom suites have the most spectacular views of the ocean. The main bedroom has a king size bed and the second bedroom has twin beds. The main bedroom has an open plan bathroom, both with a separate shower and bath. The second bedroom is open plan with a dining room area. The room is equipped with Airconditioning, TV and Coffee/Tea making facilities. Complimentary WiFi is available during your stay.
Directions from the Airport:
1. Follow the exit out of Cape Town International Airport.
2. Stay on the N2 Highway direction Cape Town until you reach the city.
3. Follow the directional signs Sea Point Waterfront
4. (N2) Highway ends at first set of traffic lights, pass through and at the 2nd set of traffic lights turn right into Western Boulevard over on ramp following the directional signs for Sea Point straight.
5. Follow Beach Road, Sea will be on your right hand side. At the end of Beach road follow the curve of the road (Circle) into Queens Road, go up to the next circle and turn left into Regent Road.
6. Just after the BP Garage turn left into Solomons Road and then right into our underground.
* 94 Regent Road, Sea Point, Cape Town.