Welcome to historical Natte Valleij
in the heart of the winelands.
Idyllically situated on a stud farm, overshadowed by the Simonsberg mountains and surrounded by famous wine estates and only a 30 minute drive from Cape Town.
The charming old homestead with whitewashed walls, the large lush gardens, 200 year old oak trees and old wine cellars all create an unique setting for Natte Valleij.
We offer accomodation in two self catering cottages and a B&B unit. The B&B is situated off the courtyard of the main homestead that consists of a double bedroom and bathroom.
A full English Breakfast is served in the main Homestead.
There is a well-established garden which adds to Natte Valleij`s sense of history and mystique with its ancient oaks, pergolas and hidden pathways.
Please also note that:
Children are welcome and baby sitting can be arranged
Laundry service is available
Cottages are serviced every morning (not Sundays) Accommodation at Natte Valleij:
Vineyard Cottage is set in the grounds of the historical farm. Part of the cottage is the original dwelling built on the estate, the two central rooms still contain the original reed ceilings.
The cottage has 3 double bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, sitting room dining room and kitchen. It has a stoep(patio) and braai area (BBQ).
Parking is available in the barn near the cottage.
Cellar Cottage is situated next to the old wine cellars and has a double bedroom, sitting room, kitchen and bathroom.
It also has a stoep (patio) and braai area (BBQ).
It is suitable for a couple or a couple with one or two children.
The en-suite has its own entrance and consists of a double bedroom with bathroom.
Natte Valleij Activities:
A number of things can keep you occupied at Natte Valleij.
* Guests can go for endless walks around the farm, through vineyards, forests and up the mountain
* There is a secluded swimming pool with a thatched poolroom and deck chairs
* With more than 180 species already spotted at and around Natte Valleij, it is a popular retreat for novice and serious birders.
* The dam at Natte Valleij is ideal for Bass fishing.
* Wine tasting and buying. Natte Valleij is surrounded by many famous wine estates.
* Horse riding - we have 3 well behaved horses and take outrides through vineyards and mountain countryside. Lessons can be given to beginners.
Click to display the map