The exclusive Motswiri Private Safari Lodge is situated in the Madikwe Game Reserve and is hidden within the African bush. Located underneath mature trees, Motswiri Private Safari Lodge offers guests spectacular views over the Madikwe Game Reserve.
This lodge in the Madikwe is ideal for families on their African safari holiday. Guests can stay in the luxurious bush villas or enjoy exclusive use of Motswiri Private Safari Lodge. Motswiri Private Safari Lodge is also ideal for small corporate groups.
Madikwe Game Reserve boasts a diverse range of fauna and flora. Guests can look forward to exciting game drives and bush walks. Game drives are available early morning and late afternoon. Enjoy sun downers on your game drive in the African bush.
The lodge overlooks a waterhole frequented by Elephant and other big game.
Accommodation at Motswiri Private Safari Lodge:
Motswiri Private Safari Lodge offers guests exclusive luxury accommodation. Each bush villa lies hidden in the African bush, ensuring guests privacy, and blend into the surrounding bush. The bush villas boast a homely and tranquil ambiance.
Each villa boasts an en-suite bathroom and outdoor rock shower. Guests can enjoy the breathtaking scenery from their private wrap around decks. Retractable doors and windows brings the African bush indoors.
Motswiri`s bush villas are fully air-conditioned and features room fans, ensuring guests have a comfortable stay.
The villas are also fitted with gas fireplaces ideal for a romantic evening and keeping the winter evening chill at bay. The bedrooms are elegantly decorated in neutrals with an occasional splash of color.
Luxury Bush Villas
Motswiri luxurious accommodation, consist of the 5 Luxury Bush Villas and a private Luxury Family Villa. Our spacious Luxury Bush Villas each boasts large bedrooms, private deck with stunning views, en-suite bathrooms with large corner baths, private toilet, double basins and a private outside shower. Add the double-sided gas fire places, air-conditioning/ceiling fans and coffee stations and you have a bush experience second to none.
Luxury Family Villa
Our Luxury Family Villa offer three rooms each with their own air-conditioning, private en-suite bathrooms and outside showers. Further to this the Family Villa offers guest a private lounge area leading out onto a private deck and plunge pool.
Facilities at Motswiri Private Safari Lodge:
The exquisitely appointed main lodge offers separate lounge, dining and lounge bar facilities each with its own roaring fireplace in winter. At the main area of the lodge enjoy the rim-flow pool overlooking the active waterhole, have a cocktail under the shade of the Motswiri trees (Leadwood in Tswana) on the main deck or just while away the day in the outside lounge and bar area. Fine cuisine is served in the dining room, under the Leadwood or around a roaring fire in the boma. Our staff offer personal service in a relaxed but professional manner.
Twice daily game drives are conducted by our rangers whose superb bush knowledge is imparted in the manner best suited to the bush knowledge of the guests on the specially designed land cruiser game viewing vehicle. Traversing on the full 75000 hectares the Madikwe Game Reserve has become known to offer some the best game viewing in South Africa. Experience excellent general game, stunning bird life and regular sighting of the sought after Big 5 Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Buffalo, Black and White Rhino.
Madikwe Game Reserve is home to the Big Five and about 300 bird species. Guests on their malaria-free safari in South Africa can also look forward to spotting a diverse range of African wildlife. Experience an early morning or afternoon game drive and stop for a drink in the bush. Experience nature up close on an exciting bush walk.
Guests can also enjoy game viewing from Motswiri Safari Lodge's decks which overlook an active waterhole. Cool off in the rim flow pool or relax in the comfortable lounge. Guests can also look forward to delicious meals next to the blazing camp fire in the boma (outdoor enclosure).
WHAT TO BRING IN SUMMER: SEPTEMBER TO APRIL* Rainwear* Insect Repellent* Swimming costume* Sun protection – at least 30+ UVA & UVB protection creams or sprays
WHAT TO BRING IN WINTER: MAY TO AUGUST* Beanie* Scarf* Gloves* Long thermal underwear for game drives as it can be very cold due to the wind chill factor on the open game drive vehicles* Warm or thermal jackets are essential in winter
WHAT TO BRING IN GENERAL:(Irrespective of the time of year, the following must be brought with you)* Film or memory cards* Camera’s with Batteries* Binoculars or spotting scope* Sun protection – at least 30+ UVA & UVB protection creams or sprays* Reference material (e.g. Bird or tree books)* Jacket or sweatshirt for game drives* Any chronic medication – the nearest chemist is over 100 kilometres away* Comfortable walking shoes* Sun hat* Sunglasses* Light, neutral coloured clothing* Adaptors and chargers for all electrical equipment (e.g. Phone chargers, etc.)* Comprehensive personal information package with necessary details for emergency situations e.g. Travel insurance details, medical aid details/card, next of kin contact details
- Four weeks before arrival - 75% of Full amount
- Cancellation two weeks before arrival - 100% of full amount
TARIFFS ARE QUOTED:
* Inclusive of 15% V.A.T.
* In South African Rand
* Subject to availability
TARIFFS & RATE
* All tariffs & rates quoted are subject to change, without prior notice, however fully paid bookings will be honoured
* Luxury accommodation
* Two game drives per day in our open game viewers with a highly qualified game ranger
* All meals daily (excluding Kosher meals)
* Welcome drinks, tea and coffee at meals
* Complimentary road transfer from the Madikwe Western Airstrip to the Lodge
* Tourism Levy
* All beverages other than stated above as included
* Specialised Coffees
* Gate entry or fly-in fees (R180 per person once off and R80 per child under 12 years once off - rates are subject to change without prior notice and controlled by the North West Parks Board – please state this on your client’s travel documents accordingly)
* Airstrip landing fees (R240 per person once off and R150 per child under 12 years once off – rates are subject to change without prior notice and controlled by the North West Parks Board – please state this on your client’s travel documents accordingly)
* Conservation levies (R190 per person per day and R95 per child under 12 years per day - rates are subject to change without prior notice and controlled by the North West Parks Board – please state this on your client’s travel documents accordingly)
* Any other items of personal nature
ADDITIONAL EXTRAS TO BE ARRANGED ON REQUEST:
* Lodge transfers
* Additional activities
* Wellness treatments
* Curio shop purchases
* Laundry services
* Outdoor swimming pool
* Pool loungers with pool towels
* Sunset deck
* Free Wi-Fi in public areas
* Free secure and accessible parking on site
* In-room safe
* Air-conditioned & non-smoking rooms
* In-room heating facilities
LUXURY FAMILY VILLA
Our Luxury Family Villa has a minimum occupancy is 4 adults and a maximum of 6 adults for this unit which means that the minimum paying rate for the family villa would be for 4 adults. Should there be less than 4 adults, this will be calculated on a minimum of 4 adult paying rate
* Tour Guides can be accommodated subject to availability (may only be confirmed last minute)
* Guides are not guaranteed game drives
* A deposit of 50% of the total accommodation charge is required for direct bookings. Retail Agents and Tour Operators are to prepay, unless otherwise arranged. There is a 5% surcharge on credit card payments for commissionable bookings. Extras may be settled in camp. We accept all credit cards.
* With group and exclusive use of the lodge bookings, a 25% non-refundable deposit is required at the date of confirmation
* Full payment 30 days prior to arrival
Four weeks before arrival - 75% of full amount.
Two weeks before arrival - 100% of full amount
ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE:
* Check in is at 14h00
* Check out is at 11h00
* Daily scheduled FEDERAL AIR flights from O.R. Tambo Airport (JIA) to Madikwe Western airstrip
* Private charters are available on request
* Road transfers available on request
* Gates open @ 06h00 & closes @ 18h00.
FLIGHT & AIR TRANSFERS
& PRIVATE CHARTERS:
Guests may arrive any time from 14:00, and rooms are to be vacated by 11:00am.
Please note terms and condition including third party information is subject to change without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances which directly or indirectly impacts the lodge.
Guests can access Motswiri Safari Lodge either by air or road. The drive from Johannesburg will take about 4.5 hours. Guests traveling by air will land at the Madikwe Western Airstrip and take a 30 minute transfer to Motswiri Lodge.
Directions from Johannesburg:
Please note that The Madikwe Game Reserve gate closes at 6:00PM
to Motswiri Private Safari Lodge:
Please do not enter Motswiri into your GPS. If you are using Google Maps please put Wonderboom Gate, Zeerust into the GPS. If you are using Waze Maps please put Madikwe Wonderboom Gate into the GPS.
From OR Tambo Airport – take the R21 towards Pretoria and at the intersection
head north on the N1 towards Polokwane & the N4 Toll Road
* Once past Pretoria, turn onto the N4 Toll road towards Rustenburg, Swartruggens, Groot Marico and Zeerust
* Please stay on the N4 – do not follow GPS as it might take you on alternative gravel roads which are not very well signposted.
* Please approach Motswiri from the main Zeerust/Gabarone road (R49) and enter through the Wonderboom Gate. Do not approach Motswiri from the Sun City side of the Reserve by attempting to enter the Reserve through the Moletedi Gate as the chances of getting lost are high and the time taken will be far longer as you will have to travel through the Reserve on a main road and then exit and re-enter the Reserve through Wonderboom Gate.
* Once in Zeerust turn right at the 4th stop street into “President Street”. There is a signpost on the left that says “Madikwe Game Reserve/Gaberone” and a ABSA Bank on the corner to the left.
* Follow the R49 (R47 occasionally) towards the reserve for approximately 91km
* The first entrance to the reserve is Abjaterskop Gate
* Pass that gate and enter at the next gate – Wonderboom Gate, exactly 7km from the first gate on your right-hand side.
* Children of all
ages are welcome at our lodge
* Children younger than 5 years are not permitted on game drives
* Children sharing room with parents pay 50%
* Children in own room are charged full price
* Child policy applies to children between the ages of 5 to 14 years
* No charge for children 0 to 4 years