Place yourself between ocean, lagoon and the glistening Overberg Mountains and you will arrive at Mosaic Sanctuary, one of South Africa’s greatest hidden gems on the famous Cape Whale Coast. Mosaic Lagoon Lodge
is a boutique guest resort where time stands still and luxury is laced with earthly beauty, heavenly night skies and African simplicity.
For the ultimate private getaway, Mosaic Lagoon Lodge captures the essence of tranquility with just five safari style suites hidden among ancient milkwood trees on the edge of the Hermanus Lagoon. A pampered stay here is all-inclusive with meals, a variety of adventure activities and beverages. You can also indulge in fabulous treatments at the Mosaic Spa, either indoors or outdoors.
At Mosaic Sanctuary, you will discover the most multifaceted guest experience in the Hermanus area. Your stay will immerse you in awesome flowers and bird-life of the Cape Floral Kingdom, lagoon cruises, stunning beaches, fascinating marine life and some of the world’s most beautiful wine lands. This is topped off with our warm smiling staff serving you fresh cuisine paired with delicious South African wine. Mosaic is 2 hours SE of Cape Town.
Accommodation at Mosaic Lagoon Lodge:
Stone and glass walls open onto private decks for spectacular mountain views, and luxurious beds lie beneath romantic netting. Mosaic Lagoon Lodge has merely five secluded suites beautifully nestled beneath a milkwood grove, each built safari-style with stone and thatch harvested from Mosaic. Each suite has an over sized bathtub and a private outdoor shower for a soothing African experience. Rain Africa products are used exclusively to ensure a relaxing stay. A king bed or two twins can be accommodated and one family unit can also sleep two small children.
Mosaic Lagoon Lodge Activities:
Activities at Mosaic
• Massage, manicure & pedicures can be enjoyed at the Mosaic Spa either indoor or outdoor under a canopy of milkwood trees. Spa services are additional.
• 4x4 Beach excursions in an open-air vehicle (whale watching in season)
• Boat cruises on the Hermanus Lagoon
• Kayaking on the Lagoon, to the beach if you wish
• Quad biking through the vast fynbos up to high-points with panoramic views
• Klipgat Archeological Cave tour and beach walk.
• Guided bird watching and nature trails
• Hiking through the area known as the “Fynbos Thicket Mosaic” of the Cape Floral Kingdom
• Boat based whale watching
• Cage diving with Great White Sharks
• Wine tasting – Overberg Wine Region
• Small Aircraft coastal trips
• Horse-back riding
• Hang Gliding
Click to display the map
Clothing & Accessories:
Daytime dress is very casual at Mosaic. Dinner is smart casual. Bring walking shoes and a wind jacket, depending on the time of year.
Health & Climate:
Mosaic and the Western Cape of South Africa are completely malaria free.
Summer weather is beautiful: dry, hot during the day, but since we are so close to the ocean our night time temperatures cool off.
Spring and Fall also have beautiful weather and with occasional rain. Spring wild flowers are spectacular and at their peak in September.
Southern Right whales mate and have their young in Walker Bay between June/July and December. The height of whale season is September - November.
Winter (July - August) can have rain but also beautiful days with no wind.