Moon Shine on Whiskey Creek
is set on 14 hectares of unspoiled indigenous forest in the very heart of the Garden Route.
Ten minutes from Plettenberg Bay, 1000 miles from reality, a stones throw from a myriad of attractions.
Come and the Experience the enchantment of the forest from the comfort of a creatively handcrafted, unique wooden cabin nestled among the trees. Or drink in the views from the wide veranda of the charming garden cottage.
We are very proud of the Green Hearts awarded to us for our efforts to protect and conserve the environment by implementing the following practices: Recycling, Water Wise Practices, Sustainable Energy Acumen, Eco Architecture and Conservation.
Accommodation at Moon Shine on Whiskey Creek:
All units are fully equipped for self catering and some units have flat screen televisions with select DSTV channels and Butterfly Garden Cottage offers free Wi-Fi.
Each private unit has:
- Access to free Wi-Fi at the beautifully situated Internet and Info Zone
- An outdoor braai / barbeque area
- An indoor wood burning fireplace
- All you need for self catering
- A bathroom with shower, toilet and basis
- Percale linen
- Towels, but no beach towels
- Safe off street parking
- Some units have flat screen television with select DSTV
There are 5 Forest Cabins in total, each separate offering privacy and seclusion.
Fly Me to the Moon:
Honeymoon Unit – the ultimate romantic retreat hidden in the forest canopy. Sleeps 2 only. Open-plan room with Double-size tent-like bed and drop away sash window. Cozy indoor seating area with fireplace and double doors opening into the indigenous forest. Small kitchenette. En-suite bathroom with toilet and hand basin. Private mosaic and glass shower on the deck. 50 meter walk from parking. No television or cell phone reception.
Firefly and Bushpig:
Each unit sleeps 2 people with possibility of 1 child on a pull out mattress on the floor. Open-plan room with Queen-size bed. Two sets of double French doors open onto the elevated deck surrounded by indigenous forest. Also has a wood burning fireplace. Bushpig lounge has flat-screen television with selected DStv channels.
Sleeps 5 people with possibility of a 6th. Private bedroom with Queen-size bed; stairs lead to open-plan loft area with 3 Single beds. Spacious living area with open fireplace and French doors opening onto the deck. Wrap-around deck on both sides. Elevated offering wonderful views. Wooden walkway leads through the forest to the front door.
Sleeps 6 people. Private bedroom with Queen-size bed; separate bedroom with two sets of Bunk beds. Spacious living area with open fireplace and French doors opening onto large deck. Toilet with hand basin. Shower room with phenomenal mosaic shower. Lounge has flat-screen television with selected DStv channels.
Butterfly Garden Cottage:
Sleeps 5 people. Two inter leeding bedrooms, one with Queen-size bed and the other with double Bunk plus one Single bed. Lounge with fireplace and flat-screen television with selected DStv channels. Toilet with hand basin. Shower room with phenomenal mosaic shower. Spacious outdoor undercover veranda with various seating arrangements. Private enclosed garden with BBQ/braai area. Offers of the finest views on the property. The only unit which has its own Wifi access.
Moon Shine On Whiskey Creek Activities:
There's a sparkling swimming pool for you to enjoy, a fabulous playground for the kids and a three quarter hour hike takes you to a beautiful natural mountain pool - a magical place to swim and picnic.
There are plenty of birds to be identified and you are almost assured of a Knysna Loerie (Turaco) sighting, Vervet Monkeys provide entertainment free of charge, and if you're lucky there's Bushpig and Bushbuck to be spotted.
The Exploring Days:
- Less than 5 minutes away: Monkey Land, Birds of Eden, The Elephant Sanctuary, Tenikwa Wildlife Sanctuary, The Barnyard Theatre, Lawnwood Snake Sanctuary, numerous Wine Estates, Jukani Wildlife Sanctuary, The Puzzle Park and AfriCanyon Kloofing Adventures.
- Less than 10 minutes away: Keurbooms River for canoeing, Keurboomsstrand Beach and Enrico's fabulous restaurant.
- Less than 15 minutes away: Plettenberg Bay, Shopping, Galleries, Restaurants, Beaches, Golf Courses
- Less than 20 minutes away: Natures Valley, Bloukrans Bungy
- Less than 30 minutes away: Tsitsikamma, Storms River, Knysna
A great place for "free range" children and grown ups.
Click to display the map