Mooi Bly Landgoed offers five well-appointed, charming thatched cottages that can sleep up to 6 people, situated in a big garden with a swimming pool. They are fully equipped, serviced, have private verandas with barbecue facilities and a magnificent view of the Mooi Bly vineyards and Paarl valley.
Breakfast is available upon request. For those who prefer to cater for themselves, Paarl and Wellington are 10 minutes away from the 32 ha estate. Our neighbours have a small restaurant on their farm just around the corner and there are also a number of nice restaurants in Paarl that offer excellent cuisine.
Mooi Bly Landgoed is an ideal base from which to explore the Cape`s Winelands and enjoy its many celebrated wines and restaurants. The estate is a mere 30 minutes from Stellenbosch and Franschhoek. Cape Town is only 45 minutes away.
With our Belgian hospitality we look forward to welcoming you to Mooi Bly vineyards on the slopes of the Du Toit Kloof Mountains.
- My favorite: Paarl Rock - very large monolith, you have a view from Cape Town to.
- Visit Spier in Stellenbosch for an African lunch at Mojo, or just a cocktail in one of the lounges
- For those who like to golf; Boschenmeer and Pearly Valley are just a 10 to 15 minutes drive away.
- If you like to visit Robben Island, please book your tickets days upfront, even up to 2 weeks in high season
- If you like hiking Table Mountain is really worth the effort
- Fairview is a wine estate in Paarl, lovely to lunch and relax
- More very nice relaxing spots in Paarl , Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- Horse trails can be organized from a neighboring farm 2 km down the road
- Laborie is one of the oldest estates on Paarl Main road, lovely to visit and once again, very nice for lunch.
Please ask upfront for the cancellation policy
From the airport: take the N2 SOMERSET WEST then left on the R300 DURBANVILLE-BELLVILLE at the end of this road follow N1 to PAARL .
From PE, George, Mosselbay, N2: take the N2 exit R44 Stellenbosch. Follow R44 to KLAPMUTS-WELLINGTON and turn right on the N1 to PAARL and follow the directions from N1 Paarl or take the exit at Swellendam, follow the R60 to Robertson & Worcester and follow directions from Worcester.
N1 Paarl: Paarl has 4 exits, you have to take the last one (just before the tunnel)= exit 62 A SONSTRAAL ROAD. Turn left at stop and pass 2 stop streets. at the second stop there is a BP petrol station on your left. Continue strait on, the road goes slightly up and makes a turn to the left. After 2km from the BP, you turn right into SWAWELSTERTPAD, continue till the end (3.5 km), you will reach a T-junction. Turn right and follow road in an elbow to the left. At the fork you take the right dirt road. On this dirt road you take the first to the left and then the first to the right = follow the Mooi Bly signs. Code of the gate is 112233.
Mooi Bly estate has 5 unique thatched cottages. Each cottage has a fully equipped kitchen, lounge/dining room, patio and braai (BBQ) facilities. All guests can enjoy the little ‘splash pool’ and swimming pool, both filled with fresh mountain water!
There is 1 cottage without a thatched roof (bit cheaper). Open plan cottage with king-size bed and en-suite bathroom. Nice, cozy and clean cottages. Bathroom with basin, toilet, and shower. Fully equipped kitchen, lounge/dining room, patio and braai (BBQ) facilities. Very private.
We have 5 cottages, they sleep up to 6 guests, rate is per person sharing. The more guests the cheaper price pp. Rates are in between R1100 and R1800 per unit per night , depending on number of bedrooms.