The Montagu Country Hotel was built in 1875 and is the oldest accommodation establishment in the village.
Walking through the foyer you get a glimpse of the courtyard, lush green lawn and swimming pool area where guests unwind while enjoying the view of the nearby mountains.
All 26 en-suite bedrooms offer air-conditioning and modern facilities to ensure an enjoyable stay.
After a delicious meal in the Wild Apricot Restaurant, which offers a choice of traditional and continental dishes, our residents pub, The Dog and Trumpet, is where pre-dinner drinks and after dinner night caps are served until late.
The Wellness Centre offer both beauty and health treatments, and include a hair studio and steamroom. This, in combination with our heated mineral pool, ensures youll be spoiled before you continue your journey.
The hotel offers the ideal weekend breakaway for Capetonians as well as a convenient halfway stop-over between Cape Town and the Garden Route.
In a region known for its hospitality the staff at the hotel aim for personable but professional service.
Accommodation at Montagu Country Hotel
Our luxury rooms are substantially more spacious than the classic rooms, and are equipped with mini-bars enabling guests to stock up with drinks and fresh milk.
All luxury rooms also have separate bath and shower where the Classic rooms mostly have shower over bath.
Four of our luxury rooms are in a Victorian Villa built in 1905 in the garden behind the main hotel.
The Villa is light-heartedly furnished with soft colours of beige, browns, rust and black, which gives one the feeling of Victorian splendour with a strong element of Africa.
Some beautiful Antique pieces round off this modernistic approach to decor. The Villa offers four bedrooms 2 twin-bedded, 1 queen and 1 king size, each with a unique view of either the gardens or the mountains.
The other three rooms are in the main building and make the choice of dcor obvious Art Deco. Two rooms have splendid views on the mountains and one overlook the garden.
The three rooms are twin bedded, but can be converted to king size. One of these rooms boasts a Jacuzzi bath, which is ever so popular with honeymooners.
Our classic rooms, although somewhat smaller than our luxury rooms are creations of extreme comfort for our guests.
Gay colours typical of the Art Deco period are being used and every room is furnished with a beautiful Art Deco dressing table and fabrics of that period.
Most classic rooms are in the main hotel.
* Golfing at any of three excellent golf courses nearby.
* Squash, tennis, rock climbing, fishing, horse riding.
* The Natural Hot mineral springs situated 2,7 km from the hotel offers outdoor swimming pools fed from a natural spring.
* Walking trails for the nature lover varying from 2,4 km to 15,6 km through the beautiful kloof of the surrounding mountains.
* Montagu tractor and trailer trip to the summit of the Langeberg mountains is a must.
* After the trip an optional "potjiekos" lunch is served, prepared by the local farming community.
* Taste and purchase wines after an arranged cellar tour.
* Breede River Goose Boat Trips for a few hours of complete relaxation cruising on the river.
* Vukani Zolani Cultural Tours - guided tours of Zolani presenting the traditional customs & lifestyle of the inhabitants i.e. ceremonies, clothing, houses, dancing and food.
- If reservation cancelled more than 7 days before arrival, deposit less 10% admin fee to be refunded.
- If booking cancelled less than 7 days before arrival, full cancellation fee’s charged with deposits non-refundable.
From Cape Town:
- Take the N1 from Cape Town through Du Toits Kloof, Worcester, Robertson and Ashton to Montagu.
- In Montagu you will take the fourth turn-off to your left which is Kohler Street and where the hotel is clearly sign posted.
- One street block, and you will find the hotel on your right hand side.