Mokuti Etosha Lodge is situated only four minutes drive from the eastern Von Lindequist Gate near Namutoni Fort and is the closest lodge to the Etosha National Park. Located on its own private 4 000 hectare nature reserve, it shares a common border with this fascinating National Park. Upon arrival, a cool, green tropical oasis welcomes guests. Charming thatched buildings and two sparkling pools nestled amongst the vast indigenous gardens give credence to the name "Mokuti", which in Ovambo means "In the forest".
A warm Namibian welcome awaits guests at this intimate 106 room lodge, with its extensive facilities including the Tambuti Dining Room & Marula Bar, the Pool Bar & Terrace, open-air African Boma, spa, two swimming pools, separate children`s splash pool, two floodlit tennis courts, the Pool & Billiard Room, gym, reptile park, walking trails, private airstrip and professionally guided game viewing safaris into Etosha.
Meals served are typical Namibian feasts, featuring many local products and the famous Namibian choices of both beef and game,all lovingly prepared according to Mokuti`s home-style recipes.
At night guests tell tall stories around open fires, after enjoying an al fresco dinner served in the African Boma, or under the towering garden trees, or away in the bush. When guests eventually make their way along winding pathways back to their rooms, they frequently encounter our resident herd of placid bontebok and the next morning, our squirrels who insist on sharing their breakfast.
Accommodation at Mokuti Etosha Lodge:
One hundred and six rooms with a view of the sprawling gardens or indigenous bush, situated in separate one storey chalet style buildings, with thatched roofs, in a large landscaped garden setting.
* 90 Standard Rooms
* 8 Luxury rooms - open plan lounge (sleeper couch) and bedroom
* 8 Luxury family rooms - separate bedroom and lounge (two sleeper couches), shared bathroom
Family accommodation - children sharing with adults
* Standard rooms: 2 adults + 1 cot
* Luxury rooms: 2 adults + 2 children (3 - 12 yrs) sharing sleeper couch
* Luxury family rooms: 2 adults + 3 children (3 - 12 years) sharing sleeper couches
All rooms feature:
* En-suite bathroom with shower
* Air conditioning
* Electronic door locks
* Room safes
* LCD television with 8 satellite TV channels
* Tea/coffee station
* Free Internet Wi-Fi access
Facilities and Services at Mokuti Etosha Lodge:
Free Internet Wi-Fi access
2 Swimming pools
Tambuti Dining Room
Pool Bar & Terrace
Lounge with replace
Laundry and valet service
Spa & Gym
2 Tennis courts
Pool & Billiard Room
Outdoor open re and conversation pit
Professionally guided game drives
- 2 x 9 Seater Toyota Land Cruisers
- 1 x 20 Seater Dyna
Ontouka Reptile Park
Satellite television with 8 channels
Air conditioning in all enclosed areas
Children of all ages are welcome, but should be under the care of a parent/guardian at all times.
There are three venues to choose from for groups ranging from 25 130 people, depending on the function and the preferred seating style.
Guests can make the most of the landscaped gardens - relaxing in the shade under the trees or at the pool; or visit the exciting reptile park, play a game of tennis, explore the reserve by following one of the marked walking trails, be pampered in the spa or workout at the gym. For the slightly more adventurous, there's the option of accompanying one of Mokuti's experienced game guides in an open safari vehicle into Etosha National Park. With its vast number of wildlife species, guests will be sighting and photographing 'til the sun sets'.
Health and Climate:
From April – September: 15 – 25 °C
From October – March: 25 – 35 °C
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12
Disabled (wheelchair friendly)
Airport Shuttle Service
Special Meals on Request
Bar on the Premises
Fax & Photocopy Machine
Parking (off-street - open)
Parking (off-street - covered)
Petrol on site
- 15 to 30 days prior to arrival = 50% Cancellation fee.
- 7 to 14 days prior to arrival = 75% Cancellation fee.
- Less than 7 days prior to arrival = 100% Cancellation fee.
- All above cancellation fees will be based on the applicable B&B rate and for the entire length of stay reserved.
- Any “no-shows” = 100% “no-show” charge including the full meal plan and for the entire length of stay reserved.
Click to display the map