Milkwood Lodge is situated at the foot of the Fernkloof Nature Reserve a fynbos paradise for nature lovers and hikers. The Lodge is only 300 metres from Voëlklip and the famous Blue Flag Grotto Beach and sea front cliff path with stunning views across Walker Bay .
Milkwood Lodge offers
* Unique character Guest Lodge on a huge property set amongst ancient Milkwood trees, with breathtaking views of Walker Bay and the magnificent mountains.
* Only 5 minutes from the Village Centre and within walking distance of the two main swimming beaches, cliff path and close to the golf course.
* Take a dip in the swimming pool or relax on your own private patio.
* Watch the sunset or enjoy the view from the garden and join everybody for a glass of wine on the communal patio under the ancient Milkwood trees.
* The fully equipped cottage and spacious en-suite rooms are ideal for longer stays and offer a choice of twin or king size beds.
* The luxurious, uniquely decorated bedrooms offer en-suite bathrooms (bath and shower), percale linen, satellite TV and all other up-market amenities such as mini safes, international plugs, hairdryers, television, fridge and tea/coffee trays.
* Wireless Internet Access available.
* All rooms have private entrances and patios
* Superb breakfasts which cater for all tastes - full farmhouse, continental or vegetarian breakfast
* Guests have the use of barbeque facilities next to the swimming pool
* We also offer a laundry service.
* Limited smoking
* Some of our accommodations are family friendly
* Children under 18 sharing with adults pay the applicable child rate
* A baby cot is available on request
* Babysitting can be pre-booked
Luxury one bedroom en-suite cottage consisting of Bedroom with dressing room and en-suite bathroom. Huge lounge/living area with two additional day beds for additional persons, a fully equipped kitchen with standby gas for cooking and barbeque in addition to all other electrical appliances. A seperate guest loo. THe comfortable patio overlooks the mountain.
Ground floor Luxury en-suite rooms with private patio and private entrance - direct access into garden (king, queen and twin beds - bathrooms have bath and walk-in shower.
One of the rooms has a small fully equipped kitchenette and we have a cot available.
Extremely large upstairs family room with two double beds accessible via a private staircase (Two double beds - for family or two single persons travelling together)
Bathroom has shower only. A small kitchenette with microwave and fridge.
- Bird watching
- Botanical garden
- Cycle renting
- Explore the area
- Fitness facilities
- Golf course
- Horseback riding
- Large saltwater pool
- Mountain Biking
- Outdoor recreation
- Shark-cage diving
- Swimming pool
- Whale watching
- Wine Tours
Getting here from Cape Town:
Take the N2 and turn onto the R43 to Hermanus.
Drive through the business centre until you get to a stop street, you will see the Marine Hotel on the right side.
Carry on and pass the Golf Course until you get to a traffic circle - Main Road becomes Seventh Street at the traffic circle.
Milkwood Lodge is 1.1 kms further along on the left side of the road. Drive past Milkwood Lodge and turn left into 10th Avenue, left into 6th Street and then left into 9th Avenue. You will see the entrance of Milkwood Lodge on your right hand side.