Milkwood Country Cottage has unique charm and is situated in a village like no other St Francis Bay, gateway to the famed Garden Route, 1 hour away from Port Elizabeth.
It is here you will come to enjoy time to yourself, time to unwind and rejuvenate. Its here that time itself seems to take its pace from the lazy river meandering slowly into the Indian Ocean. You are in a place of beauty, natural splendour and charm.
From the moment you arrive at Milkwood Country Cottage you will experience the meaning of a true holiday. You will carry with you fond memories and experiences of Milkwood and the St Francis Bay area for many years to come. This is our personal promise to all our guests.
St Francis Bay together with Milkwood Country Cottage offers the fortunate few a delightful escape from the pressures of daily life. Here among the graceful thatch roof homes next to the waters edge, is a haven of peace and tranquility. Once this lifestyle has been experienced, it becomes a precious memory to cherish again and again.
Wake up to glorious mornings with the sound of birds in our well established garden. For the golf enthusiast golf packages can be arranged at the Links and St Francis Bay Golf Club.
Elephants in the 90 minute drive to Addo Elephant Park and Shamwari Game Reserve. Magnificent surfing on the 3km stretches of white beach.
Milkwood's back yard is the popular 18 hole St Francis golf course.
Milkwood is the perfect place from which to enjoy the many activities in St Francis Bay. Golf (literally on our doorstep) 5 paces takes you onto the 15th fairway to the wide range of water sports, horse riding.
Hiking and cycling to more relaxing pastimes like lazing at the pool, sunbathing or walking on our pristine beaches youll never run out of things to do. Within 3 5 minutes you can walk to the club house, the beach, shops, restaurants and coffee shops.
Our four rooms are individually decorated and all en-suite, to meet the various needs of all our guests. Each of the four bedrooms have a private entrances leading onto the patio/pool area, they are equipped with colour TV, fridge, tea/coffee making facilities and affords views onto the picturesque golf course.
It is here that you will experience tranquillity, warm hospitality and time to unwind and rejuvenate. Laze along our sparkling pool and be enthralled by breath taking sunsets from your patio. You are in a place of beauty natural splendour and charm.
Traveling from Port Elizabeth:
- Follow the signs to the N2 motorway towards CAPE TOWN and HUMANSDORP.
Once you are on the N2 keep driving for approximately 45 minutes until you see the R330 HUMANSDORP exit.
- Take this exit and follow the road into Humansdorp. You will come to a stop street with 2 large palm trees and an Engen Garage opposite.
Cross over, passing the garage on your left.
- Drive through the town to a T-junction. Turn left at the three-way stop street and follow the road and signs to ST. FRANCIS BAY. When you get to St. Francis Bay, turn left and left again to Lyme Road North. Proceed straight until St Francis Drive (Stop Street). Turn right and we are about 500m on your right hand side.
Traveling from Cape Town:
- Follow the signs to the N2 motorway towards PORT ELIZABETH and HUMANSDORP. Take the R330 exit, turn right and follow the road into Humansdorp.
- You will come to a stop street with 2 large palm trees and an Engen Garage opposite. Cross over, passing the garage on your left. Drive through the town to a T-junction.
- Turn left at the three-way stop street and follow the road and signs to ST. FRANCIS BAY. When you get to St. Francis Bay, turn left and left again to Lyme Road North.
- Proceed straight until St Francis Drive (Stop Street). Turn right and we are about 500m on your right hand side. Milkwood Coutry Cottage is in the middle of the golf course approximately 250m from the sea.
137 St Francis Drive, St Francis Bay.