Melville Gap Guesthouse is five minutes away from main north and south freeways leading to Pretoria, Sandton and Johannesburg International airport. The guest house is well within walking distance from Campus Square (Small shopping centre) as well as 7th street, Old Melville well known for it`s many restaurants of every conceivable variety.
There are many interesting clothing and antique shops nearby with a modern shopping centre, (Cresta Centre - Only 5 minutes by car). A fitness club just around the corner with great spin classes and weight training.
Melville Gap is just round the corner from Main Road, Melville. Its safe and easy to walk to Campus Square shopping centre, or to a fair number of eating places a few minutes away.
Should you wish to experience a wide variety of restaurants, then why not take a leisurely stroll to 7th Street, the hub of eating establishment, as well as the centre of night life in Melville. Melville is also easily accessed to/from the freeways leading to OR International Airport, as well as Sandton/Pretoria.
Wireless internet is available for your laptop, as well as a PC in the main house for your convenience. Relax in the garden next to the pool, or have a drink on the varanda or under the Lapa. An honesty bar with soft drinks, beers and wine is available in the house. Parking for your car is off street, secure and safe.
Facilities and Services:
- En suite Bathroom
- Telephones in all Rooms
- Coffee Making Facility
- Drinkable Tap Water
- Digital Satellite television
- MNet Decoder
- Secure Parking
- Shower in all rooms
- Swimming Pool
- Television in Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Internet facilities
- air-conditioning (cooling and heating) in all the bedrooms
Accommodation at Melville Gap Guesthouse:
We have 6 large stylishly decorated rooms: 3 double rooms and 3 twin rooms. We also have a self-catering apartment that is off-site (not on the same premises as the guesthouse) and pet friendly.
All rooms have tea/coffee making facilities, ceiling fans, air conditioning, heating, telephones, DSTV and own bathrooms. The 2 outside rooms, numbers 5 & 6, (both twin rooms) have their own entrances.
Exceptionally comfortable beds with high quality percale linen. Liquid hand soap, shower gel and shampoo are included in the bathrooms.
If you feel like a brisk walk, Melville koppies nature reserve is only a few minutes away, Emmarentia Botanical Gardens, Mandela Bridge, Johannesburg Art Gallery are all worth a visit.
The Sunday market at the Rosebank Mall is a must for stocking up on African arts and crafts or for gifts to take back home.
The University of Johannesburg is one street block away, and University of the Witwatersrand about 10 mins by car.
A fitness centre with weight training and cardio facilities is across the road.
Cancellations must be made to us in writing by fax or by e-mail.
The following cancellation terms and penalties will apply when a booking is cancelled:
- 25% of deposit for cancellations more than 20 days before arrival.
- 50% of deposit for cancellations 15 to 20 days before arrival.
- 75% of deposit for cancellations 7 to 14 days before arrival.
- 100% of deposit for cancellations less than 7 days before arrival or Non-arrivals.
Directions from O R Tambo international Airport:
1. Take Johannesburg R24. Follow these lanes: N3 Durban; M2 Johannesburg; M1 Johannesburg; Sandton/Pretoria; take the Empire Rd turnoff, and turn left into Empire Rd.
2. Carry on with Empire untill it runs like a T-junction into the SABC building. Turn right and cross over 3 sets of traffic lights.
3. Turn right into University Rd (Campus Square Shopping Centre is on your right). Pass McDonalds (on your left), and turn right at the traffic light AFTER McDonalds. This is 1st Ave. Number 33 is the first house on your left.