Melkboomsdrift Guest House is situated in the heart of the Olifants River valley, between Vredendal and Lutzville.
This working wine farm with a restored farmhouse, circa 1820, is an ideal stop-over between Cape Town and Namibia on the N7, with the West Coast 20 minutes away for whale spotting.
Quaint rooms have private entrances and bar fridges. Delicious farm breakfasts, with dinner and picnic baskets on request. Self-catering option.
Relax at the pool overlooking the river and vineyards. Cruise up-river for birding or the seasonal wild flowers. Credit cards. Children welcome.
There is little to prepare you for the sheer chic and panache of this stylish establishment. Each suite has been lovingly restored and decorated in a uniquely distinctive style. No one room looks like any other.
Outstanding conference facilities are able to accommodate up to 20 delegates in airconditioned luxury with all necessary equipment available on request. Click here for more information on our conference facilities.
Services and Amenities
* Adaptors - grande luxury rooms are all fitted with Euro Plugs.
* Animals - Regrettably animals are not allowed
* Bar - fully licenced with a full service bar on the premises in addition to fully stocked mini bar fridges in all the rooms.
* Breakfast - served in upstairs in the diningroom or weather permitting on the patio downstairs or upstairs on the deck offering spectacular views over the magnificent vineyards.
* Conference - fully air conditioned conference facilities for up to 20 delegates. Catering on site.
* Fridge/Freezer - we will gladly keep anything of a reasonable size in the fridge or freezer for you during your stay.
* Hairdryers - available for your personal use in all rooms.
* Heaters - are available in each room as well as an extra blanket and hot water bottle in your cupboard for the chilly winter nights.
* Internet - a 24 hour internet service available.
* Laundry - available on site at a nominal charge. No laundry service over weekends.
* Restaurants - provides delicious cuisine for the guest wanting to be spoiled with traditional South African dishes or perhaps a BBQ. * * Book in advance with reception.
* Safe - please hand items in at reception for safekeeping.
* Smoking - is not permitted inside the Lodge. Ashtrays are provided on the patio outside your bedroom.
* Swimming Pool - unaccompanied children are not permitted at the pool.
* Swimming Towels - at reception
* Tea & Coffee - available in your room in addition to fresh milk and home made rusks.
* Television - rooms are provided with colour televisions with DSTV satellite channels.
Twin or King Bed, Shower only. Sleeps 2 adults
Turn left at Klawer (off the N7 motorway).
Follow the R363 at Klawer and continue straight through until you reach Vredendal.
On reaching the traffic lights in Vredendal, drive on straight on the R363 leading out of Vredendal in the direction of Lutzville/Strandfontein.
You will pass beneath the renowned Saldanha/Sishen railway bridge after which Melkboomsdrift Lodge is situated on your right.