is one of the most sort after, luxury, 355m² apartments overlooking Thompson`s Bay in Ballito. (Thompson`s beach has been listed as one of the top 100 beaches in SA by Getaway Magazine). The apartment contains 4 beautifully appointed bedrooms, 3 en-suites. The main bedroom has a king size bed, that opens onto the huge sea facing veranda. Two of the en-suite bedrooms have 2 single beds. The fourth bedroom has two single beds with a shower, basin and toilet adjacent to the room.
Accommodation at Marichel 4:
Marichel 4 comfortably sleeps eight people and is wheelchair friendly. Children and babies are welcome. A camp cot and high chair are provided. All percale linen is provided, including bath and beach towels. The apartment is serviced daily with the exception of Sundays and Public holidays. Servicing can be arranged for these days.
The granite top kitchen boasts pristine fully equipped cupboards with oven, hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, washing machine, and tumble dryer. A substantial variety of small appliances ensure that you feel at home. The kitchen is open plan, leading through to the dining area, and then through a comfortable furnished lounge onto a huge veranda with stunning sea-views.
The veranda boasts a large outside suite, a 12 seater oak dining room table, 4 seater wrought iron patio table, 4 loungers and a large gas braai. A large, comfortable television lounge, with full DSTV facilities and a double lock up garage that allows for easy, level access to the apartment. There are seven ceiling fans, together with a good through draft to ensure that you are comfortable during those beautiful, hot sunny days in the sub tropics, overlooking the Indian Ocean of temperatures between 20 degrees celsius - 27 degrees celsius.
Facilities and Services:
This exclusive Bali styled 12 apartment Marichel complex, shares a fenced, communal swimming pool, private access to the beach, an unobstructed panoramic view of the sea, dolphin and whale watching (seasonal), and a stunning landscaped garden. It offers the perfect location for a family holiday, romantic breakaway or tranquil getaway.
Thompsons Bay has become labeled the "Clifton Beach" of KZN province and boasts an incredible stretch of pristine beach, rock pools and a lovely bathing area with shark nets and life-guards for your safety. It also offers a huge tidal pool (known as Charlie`s Pool) for those that prefer calmer swimming conditions. The "Hole in the Wall" allows you access to explore more exciting, semi-private beaches. A relaxing way to soak up the warm sunshine of the "Dolphin Coast" and feel the sand under your feet. High Rock, which is situated north of the bay, is where King Shaka would sit to plan his military tactics. Also a popular rock fishing spot on this coastline.
The King Shaka airport is situated ± 20 km away. Durban, the closest city, is± 60 km away.
- Unfortunately, pets are not allowed.
- There is a hair dryer in the main bedroom.
- A welcoming beverage pack is supplied.
- 2 toilet rolls per bathroom will be supplied (therefore 8).
Attractions and Activities
The Dolphin Coast extends from Zimbali in the South to the mighty Tugela in the north. It includes the coastal resorts of Ballito, Thompsons Bay, Chakas Rock, Salt Rock, Sheffield Beach, Blythedale and Zinkwazi. A beach lovers` paradise and great for swimming, tanning, snorkeling, fishing, diving, surfing, body boarding, muscle picking and loads more.
Culture and history form an integral part of life on the Dolphin Coast. There are three different cultures of the Indian, Zulu and Colonial, which can all be viewed on one estate at "The Kingdom" in Sheffield. You can also visit the King Shaka Memorial in KwaDukuza/Stanger at the Dukuza Museum or the grave and home of Nobel Peace Prize winner, Chief Albert Luthuli in Groutville. Mosques and Temples welcome visitors. The Morewood Memorial Gardens is the site of South Africa`s first sugar mill.
Ballito is a mini city, one of the fastest growing in the southern hemisphere, and is therefore a shopper`s paradise. From local craft to large chain stores that provide your everyday requirements. Please note:
We do not accept any student bookings.
Facilities & Services:
- Children under 12 years
- Babysitting Service
- Ironing Service
- Self-Braai / Barbecue
- Cots available
- Parking (off-street - covered)
- Swimming Pool
- DVD and/or VCR
Marichel 4 Activities:
- Cycling and Mountain Biking at Holla trails
- Micro light flights
- Quad biking Trails with Fat Traxx
- Horse Riding
- Dams for water sports nearby
- Local Heritage Sites
- Explore the King Shaka Heritage Route
- Visit the Morewood Memorial Garden
- Visit Crocodile Creek
- Ndlondlo Reptile Park
- Take the kids to Flag Farm Animal Farm
- Golf (3 championship golf courses nearby)
- Tennis, squash and bowls at local clubs
- Popular spots for surfing, kite boarding, wind surfing, canoeing, kayaking, etc.
- Surf School
- Marine Excursions (Dolphin & Whale watching, scuba-diving, deep-sea fishing)
- Rock Fishing
- Mussel Picking
- Spear Fishing Reefs
- Nature Trails
- Dams for water sports - skiing, jet skiing, fresh water fishing.
- The Litchi Orchard Market
- Movie Theaters
- Shopping Malls
- Variety of world class restaurants, fast food outlets and coffee shops
- Night Clubs
- Conference and Wedding Venues
- Health and Wellness Centers
- Have a day's outing at "Rain Farm", 15 minutes inland from Ballito
- Sibaya Casino and Entertainment Kingdom, 15 minutes away
- uShaka Marine World in Durban, 40 minutes away
- The world Famous St. Lucia Wetlands are 2 hours drive away
- Experience the African Safari boasting the Big 5 in their natural habitat at the popular Umfolozi and Hluhluwe National Park.
Click to display the map