Magic Hills - Elsa’s Farmhouse is home to a rich variety of
wildlife, including the Big Five, the iconic cheetah, towering giraffes and
large herds of wild game. Daily
adventures into the reserve take travelers on Big Five game drives or game
walks on foot with a skilled guide. Our hikes also include the Cheetah Walk,
tracking down land’s fastest hunter, and the Rhino Walk, a truly magical
encounter with these endangered, African beasts.
Elsa’s Farmhouse is a fully-restored Karoo farmhouse with four en-suite bedrooms that are luxuriously appointed and enjoy picturesque views of the African wilderness surroundings. Cosy wooden interiors combined with all the modern comforts of a world-class guest house make for a home-away-home safari getaway.
As with any traditional old farmhouse, this self-catering haven centers around a well-equipped kitchen, stocked with chilled soft drinks and mineral waters, and ready for hours of communal cooking with family and friends. Stay in touch with free WiFi, or opt to unplug for a digital detox in this African paradise.
Elsa’s Farmhouse is an idyllic family or group destination, with its own private boma and lapa offering the wide open expanse of the Great Karoo as a backdrop for magical bonfire or braai gatherings. A notable achievement, Elsa’s Farmhouse is powered by a PV Solar Power system, and runs entirely off-the-grid.
Although renowned for its wildlife and conservation efforts, Magic Hills also offers Elsa’s Farmhouse guests the opportunity to jump-start their adrenaline with rock climbing and abseiling facilities. Journey back in time with an excursion to recently-discovered rock art sites, to step into the lives of the tribes that walked this rugged land many centuries ago.
Try your hand at target archery or clay pigeon shooting, with a skilled marksman as your guide, or participate in our thicket restoration project and contribute to saving our ecosystem, and the planet.
At Magic Hills, and Elsa’s Farmhouse, it is our mission to seamlessly facilitate our guests’ connection with Mother Nature and their own inner adventurer, often suppressed by the stresses of daily, urban life. Under the scattering of stars and galaxies of “Dark Sky Country” and the wide-open, breezy air of “Big Sky Country”, allow us to give you the time and space to breathe and just be.
- Safari - Private guided and private use of vehicles. Excluded R6000
- Safari – Guided walking safari (12 min age, limited to 6 guests) (Big 5 / dangerous game section) Excluded R350p/p
- Safari – Guided walking safari (10 min age, limited to 6 guests) (Non-dangerous game section). Excluded R200 p/p
- Safari – Guided morning / afternoon game drive (6 min age). Excluded R300 p/p (3 hours minimum)
- Safari – 4 x 4 experience(All ages). Excluded own vehicle – R450/day for a guide, max 4 vehicles
- Vehicle Rental – R1500/ day per vehicle with guide *Must be requested before arrival*
- Safari – Rock art site visit including a bush breakfast. Excluded R400 p/p
- Safari – Cheetah walk (50% refund if no sightings). Excluded R450 p/p
- Safari —White rhino walk (50% refund if no sightings). Excluded R400 p/p
A fully restored farmhouse in the heart of Magic Hills, Elsa’s Farmhouse is a completely off-the-grid and solar-powered South African safari delight. The four-bedroom home, with its private boma and swimming pool, offers an idyllic getaway for family and friends who wish to explore the wonders of the Great Karoo.
The four en-suite bedrooms are luxuriously appointed and can be configured to king or twin rooms, depending on the dynamics of the travelling group.
In the event of a cancellation, the following charges and conditions will apply:
Cancellation from date of confirmation up to 30 days prior to arrival:
- 25% per proforma invoice will be charged.
- Cancellation 14 to 29 days prior to arrival: 50% per proforma invoice will be charged.
- Cancellation less than 14 days prior to arrival: 100% per proforma invoice will be charged.
- Confirmed additional services: 100% per proforma invoice will be charged.
Payments received will be credited to re-scheduled booking. Credits are not transferrable from the principal traveler(s). A surplus will not be refunded. Rate increases apply.
Children before their 5th birthday stay on us.
Children between their 5th and 14th birthday, sharing with adults, pay 50% of adult rate.
Max 1 child per every full-paying adult.
Guests aged 14 and over must take their own room at adult rates. Conservation fees and other charges at 100%.