Mackaya Bella is an established 4 star modern, eco-friendly bed and breakfast, situated in the newly revitalised suburb of Durban South, close to numerous restaurants, galleries, cafs and boutiques. Set in a peaceful indigenous garden, the guest house allows visitors a calm and quiet space in which to unwind and relax.
The name Mackaya Bella is derived from an indigenous shrub known to kwaZulu Natal, which thrives in the cool, shady ecosystem of the coastal forests. This indigenous theme of relaxation and tranquillity flows not only through the guest house setting, but also encourages the vision and drive of the establishment.
The guest house has 6 modern luxury en-suite bedrooms, with one additional family room and two single bed budget rooms. All rooms are serviced daily.
Mackaya Bella Guest House is a non-smoking establishment, with smoking permitted only on the patios and in the garden.
Laundry facilities are available on request.
Mackaya Bella is within:
- 20 minutes drive from Durban International Airport
- 500 m of the University of KZN (Howard College campus), 1 km from the Nelson Mandela School of Medicine, and 5 kms from Durban University of Technology (DUT).
- 5 minutes drive from the Pavilion and Musgrave Centre, Davenport and Glenwood Village, and ten minutes from the CBD, ICC Durban, the beaches and uShaka Marine World.
- 5 minutes drive from Entabeni and St Augustine`s Hospitals, and Inkosi Albert Luthuli Central Hospital.
- 2 minutes drive from Queensmead Hockey Ground, 5 minutes drive from Westridge Stadium 10 minutes drive from Sahara Kingsmead Cricket Stadium, and 15 minutes from ABSA Rugby Stadium.
All luxury rooms and the family room have air conditioning, desks, tea/coffee, fridge, DSTV, safes and extra length beds with percale linen.
We also have one family room, either used for long term bookings or for families with small children under 12), plus kitchen and ensuite, overlooking the pool. It also has air conditioning, desks, tea/coffee, fridge, DSTV, safes and extra length beds with percale linen.
The two single bed budget rooms are for those on a shoestring. These are separate self catering rooms, with desk, cupboards, small kitchenette and ensuite, but only ONE SINGLE bed. A limited buffet breakfast, free wifi and car parking are included in the rate.
All rooms are serviced daily.