LookOut Safari Lodge
is located within the malaria free Dinokeng Big 5 Game Reserve, a short 30 min drive from Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa.
The name of the lodge originates from the view from the central entertainment area looking out on to a dam which attracts various game species, allowing the guest to enjoy sightings from the comfort of the lodge area.
The lodge offers 4 unique non-smoking luxury self-catering tented chalets, each designed with the objective to ensure privacy whilst enhancing the bush experience.
It is ideal for a romantic weekend getaway. As alternative the entire lodge can also be booked for groups as a sleeper couch and roll away beds are available on request. Ideal for family gatherings and / or corporate executive breakaways.
Important Information: Not Suitable
- Due to us focusing more on the romantic leisure market the peaceful quiet environment is what we strive for and we suggest that you consider booking the entire camp when you need to take kids in consideration. Being a bush lodge and due to distances between the chalets, the lodge might not be suitable for handicapped people or children under the age of 12.
Self Catering Supplies
- The closest town in which groceries can be bought is Hammanskraal (10 km away). Guests staying at the Lookout Safari Lodge must take note that this is a self catering bush lodge. Every chalet is equipped with a braai area and kitchenette (bar fridge, snappy chef, kettle, cutlery and crockery). The main entertainment lodge has a fully equipped kitchen for use by all guests. Should you decide to braai, remember charcoal.
- As all reservations are made in advance, our manager will welcome guests upon arrival at the Lookout Safari Lodge gates. Please advise should you expect to arrive later than indicated and always ensure that the gate is close after entry.
Nearest Fuel Station
- There is a fuel station located in the Dinokeng Game Reserve.
- Always bring some warm clothing for night time around the fire as it invariably gets cold after sunset and during evening game drives.
- The Lookout Safari Lodge falls in a malaria-free area so guests have the peace of mind to enjoy the outdoors.
- Visitors driving to Lookout Safari Lodge must be aware of the fact that there are lots of gravel roads in the Dinokeng Game Reserve and that a speed limit of 40km/h is required.
- Should you be satisfied with excellent service, you are welcome to tip our staff directly.
- Guests should be aware that the camp is fenced with electrical Big Five fencing.
- The rooms will be cleaned and beds made every morning. No laundry facilities.
Linen and Towels
- Linen and towels will be provided, please bring your own swimming towels.
- The swimming pool is not covered and guest with small children should be extra vigilant.
- Game viewing can be done from the comfort of the deck. Should you want to drive there are several self drive routes in the reserve. Game drives can be arranged with an external service provider at an additional charge. Let us know in advance if we can assist with bookings.
Accommodation at LookOut Safari Lodge:
The LookOut Safari Lodge offers 4 luxury non – smoking self-catering tented chalets, each uniquely designed to cater for privacy and to maximise the bush experience for the visiting guest. The en suite chalets are ideally suited for a couple’s romantic weekend getaway. Each chalet has a small equipped kitchen and a patio dining area as well as its own private bushveld boma and braai/barbeque facility, providing the opportunity to enjoy the perfect camp fire under starry lit African skies.
The Lookout Safari Lodge can also be booked in its entirety by small groups or friends, being it a family gathering for a special event or an executives’ “bos beraad” or “lekgotla”.