On a glorious stretch of coastline fringed with golden beaches and caressed by the warm waters of the Indian Ocean, Lodge Afriqu is situated in the village of St Lucia. The Region is also known as the Elephant Coast in the North east of the Province KwaZulu-Natal.
An astonishing beautiful strip of land stretching some 220km long and 70km wide bound by mountain, ocean and bushveld, holds many of natures miracles and secrets, providing you an unspoilt ecotourism playground with an untamed spirit.
iSimangaliso Wetland Park previously known as the Greater St Lucia Wetland Park was declared a World Heritage Site on the 1 December 1999. With a surface of 32800hectar the Park is considered the second largest in South Africa.
The town of St Lucia has a vibrant holiday atmosphere with all the necessary facilities like Restaurants, Curio Shops, Bed and Breakfast, Tour operators etc.
Lodge Afriqu is a newly built 4 star Bed and Guest House with eight free standing thatched suites each with full afro/Victorian bathroom. Lodge Afriqu can cater for up to 16 people at a time. All the suites are connected to the Central Lodge by a raised wooden deck pathway over the beautiful garden.
Guests gather in the Central Lodge which includes the Breakfast, Bar, Braai and Leisure Area equipped with satellite television.
Allow us to turn your honeymoon at Lodge Afriqu into a truly memorable experience. Romantic picnics, forest walks, gentle horse rides, pampering treatments, sensational soaks in a bubble filled bath, sundowners on your patio and a delicious champagne breakfast to start your day.
Lodge Afriqu offers genuine hospitality, ideal setting and a variety of wildlife activities.
- Hippo and crocodile launch tours on the St. Lucia Lake system.
- Seasonal Whale Watching and Marine Turtle Nesting Tours.
- St. Lucia is a Bird watcher's paradise with over 500 species amongst the coastal dune forest and wetlands.
- Snorkel in the warm Indian Ocean amidst the subtropical coral reefs.
- Visit the Big Five Game Reserves around St. Lucia.
- Self Guided Walking Trails.
- Night drives.
- Deep sea fishing.
- Golf, tennis, squash (At the nearby Monzi/Umfolozi Country Clubs)
- Guided Kayaking tours on the St. Lucia Estuary
- Quad bikes.
The spacious and luxurious suites each with a private outdoor shower leading of the patio is situated in a tropical garden with a sparkling pool.
The Lodge has 8 rooms decorated in a afro style and fitted with a wall safe, hairdryer and complimentary coffee and tea facilities. All the rooms are generously proportioned, offering full air conditioning and en-suite bathrooms(bath and separate shower).
Bed configuration: Double, Twin or King size beds. A sleeper couch suitable for children and a cot can also be provided on request.
- Take the N2 from Durban / Johannesburg. Turn off at the R618 to Mtubatuba & follo the signs to St. Lucia (25 km).
- On arriving at St Lucia, cross the bridge over the estuary & turn right at McKenzie Street. Turn left at Dolfin Avenue laan), Left in Hornbill Street. 71 Hornbill Street.