Little Sossus Lodge will ensure you an unforgettable stay in the tranquil desert surroundings. You can relax under the African sky and enjoy a drink of your choice and then delight your palate with our African cuisine while the sun is setting.
The main area of the lodge is an old farmhouse converted into a homely meeting place where you will experience a friendly and welcoming ambience. All areas are open plan inviting our guests to wander around freely. On the well sheltered verandah you can enjoy your breakfast, lunch and dinner. The cozy lounge is decorated with ethnic African décor and comfortable leather sofas.
Our chalets offers you a cool and clean environment after a long and dusty road. Enjoy a 180 degree view of the Namib plains and the beautiful mountains right from your step. We guarantee you a relaxing atmosphere where you can enjoy the golden silence that the Namib desert offers you.
We have a total of 20 chalets and can accommodate 46 people. The lights and fans in the chalets are powered by a bank of batteries, which are charged by wind and generator during the daytime. All amenities soaps, shampoo, body lotion and may more. are environmental friendly. Twelve chalets are furnished with twin beds. Four chalets are family units comprising of four beds each.
Each Camp site has its own en-suite bathroom, as well as hot water. The water is still warmed up by fire in the traditional donkeys. A kitchen area also makes out part of the campsite where you can prepare some food as well as wash up all those camping gear. For those traveling with freezers and other electrical equipment, each camp site got its own power supply.
There is area where you can setup your tent or park your camper under a roof. If you prefer the outdoors, there’s more than enough space to set up camp under the great African skies. There is also a shop on the camp site where guests can find everyday products. For those looking for something else, Braai-packs and homemade bread can be ordered on arrival.
With five different hiking trails (21km, 6km, 4km, 2,.8km, 2,5km) we can accommodate all group ages. Our circled 4x4 trail in the Tsaris Mountains makes this an exceptional 4x4 trail. The trial overlaps with the 21km hiking trail and accommodates both experienced and non experienced 4x4 enthusiasts. For the cycling enthusiast, breathtaking cycling tracks. All our unguided activities on our property are free of charge for all our guests to enjoy!
* Guided Sossusvlei trips - Experience the secrets of the desert by doing a guided Sossusvlei trip. Driving you in one of our own 4X4 vehicles would be one of A Little Sossus Lodge’s own guides that will administer the tours in English, German or Afrikaans. Our Guides are knowledgeable and would ensure you an Unforgettable experience.
* Sundowner Drive (4x4) - By far the most favourite activity is the sundowner drive in the evenings which includes a leisurely nature drive, slowly winding up a side of a mountain. At the top of the mountain, you can enjoy the spectacular sunset while having a drink of your choice and some appetizing snacks.
* Natural Spring Fountains (Self-drive) - Enjoy a lovely swim in a variety natural rock pools. You can enjoy three-meter deep crystal clear water, with small water falls in the middle of the desert. You can also walk along the river while observing a wide variety of bird species.
* Photography Tours - Join us on an exclusive photography excursion to the world Famous Sossusvlei and surrounds. Photo opportunities include dune landscapes, Quiver tree forest, local wildlife and much more. Our resident photography guide will ensure the best shots at the right time in the right place.
- Guided Sossusvlei Excursions
- Sundowner Drives
- Wine Tastings
- Walking Trails
- Traditional BBQ’s
All with double or twin beds, en-suite bath with shower only, tea and coffee making facilities. There is also a lovely patio that allows you to look across the plains.
The Family Chalets sleeps 4 people, it also has an en-suite bathroom with a shower only. Tea and coffee making facilities are available and also there is a lovely patio.
- 28 to 22 days prior to arrival - 25%
- 21 to 15 days prior to arrival - 50%
- 14 to 8 days prior to arrival - 75%
- 7 days and less (no show) - 100%
- All reservations and cancellations in writing please
A Little Sossus Lodge is situated at the junction of the C19 and D854 roads, 30km southeast of Sesriem.