Little Sanctuary Montagu is nestled in the beautiful Koo Valley and is set on 4 private hectares which abounds with abundant flora and fauna.
The Luxury Units consist of a fully equipped kitchen, separate lounge with DSTV, sumptuous bedroom and a bathroom with a spa bath and steam shower.
Popular as a romantic getaway, Little Sanctuary Montagu has seen no less than 11 proposals! Little Sanctuary is an affordable, but still luxurious, honeymoon destination. If it is your honeymoon or anniversary, please dont forget to let us know.
In our hot summer months choose between our two private pools, both of which have spectacular views of the valley, so take a bottle of sparkling wine or a cocktail to enjoy while taking a dip. Or, in winter you will find the famous Hot Springs a mere two minute walk away from your unit.
No children under 18 years will be accommodated at Little Sanctuary Montagu.
Accommodation at Little Sanctuary Montagu:
Luxury Unit 1
Calm and romantic. Mosquito netting drapes an antique oak arts & crafts double bed, which is dressed with off-white and old gold. Double Layers of filmy chiffon curtains allows light to filter into your bedroom, while still affording you the privacy you desire. Another antique arts & crafts bespoke feature is the wardrobe where you will find ample storage for your clothing. A separate dressing table (with an overhead light) provides a little extra storage. Your en-suite bathroom has a steam shower and spa bath for the ultimate relaxation. The fully equipped kitchen has an oven, hob, fridge and microwave and all the utensils you will require for the ultimate self-catering stay. A set of French doors open out from both your living area and bedroom onto your patio which overlooks the garden. Only SABC Channels and limited DSTV (until further notice).
Luxury Unit 2
The only Luxury Unit with Two Beds. Quirky and fun with fleur-de-lis and gold stars for bedding. A locally hand-crafted wardrobe and a separate dressing table (with an overhead light) should provide ample storage. A set of French doors open out from both your living area and your bedroom onto your patio which overlooks the garden. Your en-suite also sports a steam shower and spa bath. As with Luxury Unit 1, you have a fully equipped kitchen for your convenience. Only SABC Channels and limited DSTV (until further notice).
Luxury Unit 3
Antique rose, plentiful textures in rich creams, to be found in not only the curtains but the soft furnishings and the damask comforter which will envelope you in comfort. Once more a unique antique arts & crafts four poster bed and wardrobe was especially sourced for this bedroom. A separate dressing table (with an overhead light) provides a little extra storage. As in all the Luxury Units, Unit 3 also sports a steam shower and spa bath in the en-suite bathroom. The French Doors that lead out from the living area and bedroom take you onto your private patio with the most spectacular views of the Koo Valley and the mountains. Only SABC Channels and limited DSTV (until further notice).
Luxury Unit 4
Cool greens and off-white with filmy curtains makes this room restful and dreamy. A brass four-poster bed with draped mosquito netting invites you to stay in bed for as long as you wish. The locally hand-crafted wardrobe and separate dressing table (with an overhead light) should provide ample storage. Luxuriate in the spa bath and steam shower conveniently situated in your en-suite bathroom. The fully equipped kitchen with oven, hob, microwave and fridge will make self-catering a pleasure. A set of French doors open out from both your living area and your bedroom onto your private patio with Mountain views so close you can almost touch them and awe-inspiring Koo Valley view. Only SABC Channels and limited DSTV (until further notice).
Small, but it packs a punch, especially when it comes to the view. For those who prefer to be a little closer to nature, without unnecessary frills. It features an open plan bedroom with a small seating/eating area, kitchenette and a compact bathroom with a shower. Only SABC channels available.
A laundry service is available for long stays.
- A five minute drive will take you to the centre of town where you are spoiled for choice when it comes to restaurants. Montagu boasts two of the Top Twenty Restaurants in South Africa.
- Situated on the longest wine route in the world, Route 62, spend the day wine tasting at the plentiful award wining wine estates.
- If golf is your passion our 9-hole Golf Course is less than five minutes away.
- Take a drive through our breathtaking Koo Valley and stop off at the world-renowned Protea Tractor Trip. The tractor trip takes you to the summit of Arangieskop (1500m above sea level) where you can sip on our local Muscadel while admiring the awe-inspiring view. On your descent sample true South African fare a traditional potjiekos.
- Montagu is fast becoming the destination for rock climbers, but if you are not that adventurous, there are plenty of gentle hiking trails on offer. Take a picnic basket and enjoy it by one of the waterfalls.
- Little Sanctuary is a bird-watchers paradise. Binoculars are available as well as reference books if you want to give it a try.
Whichever way you look at it, Little Sanctuary is the only place to stay in Montagu.
- On arrival or during the stay – the full payment due for the entire booking may be retained.
- No show - Full deposit will be retained.
- 7-14 days before arrival – the full deposit paid may be retained.
- 15-28 days before arrival – 75% of the deposit or 25% of the full quote value may be retained (whichever is the greater).
- 28 days or more before arrival – 50% of the deposit of 25% of the full quote value may be retained (whichever is the greater).
Facilities & Services available:
Self-Braai / Barbecue
Parking (off-street - open)
Little Sanctuary Montagu is a Self-Catering in Montagu Western Cape South Africa