Lincoln Cottages was conceived, designed and landscaped by Ken and Monica Phillips. The tastefully decorated Cottages were hand built by the owners, and therefore the accommodation which is offered bears a reflection of love and commitment to excellence.
Lincoln Cottages is nestled amongst indigenous Acacia trees in the tranquil suburb of Lincoln Meade, Pietermaritzburg. We offer an ideal base from which both the business man and holiday maker can operate from, be it for that business convention lunch, or participating in the varied sporting events that Pietermaritzburg is frequently host to, or simply to explore what our region has to offer the tourist. We offer free WiFi too. Pietermaritzburg is the hub of the Natal Midlands and is the Capital of Kwa-Zulu Natal. The City therefore plays a leading role in the economics of the region.
Accommodation at Lincoln Cottages:
This quaint cottage is home away from home. It has a separate bed room and open plan lounge and separate kitchen and is serviced by a quarry tiled shower. The main bedroom is equipped with a queen size bed and two single beds are provided in the lounge area. It has an undercover outside patio area which is situated under a majestic Acacia tree. This cottage sleeps up to four people.
This cottage sleeps up to three people. It is essentially one large room equipped with two single beds and a sleeper couch. The kitchen is also located within the room and is fully equipped with granite work tops. There are separate wash up facilities and an on suite shower area leading off this room. The unique feature of this cottage is the covered outside patio that has the best views of the gardens and faces the communal braai area.
This apartment is attached to the main house. It is tastefully decorated and comprises a main bedroom equipped with a queen size bed and an open plan kitchen / lounge area which can accommodate 2 single beds. This apartment can accommodate four people.
This is the largest of all our self-catering cottages. It has two rooms, the main bed room is served with a king size bed (2 single beds together) and second bed room is equipped with two single beds each, and a further two beds are located in the lounge area if required. The kitchen boasts fully fitted cherry wood cupboards with granite work tops, complete with a hob and oven as well as a breakfast nook. The bathroom boasts both a shower and a bath. This cottage sleeps up to 6 people.
Late arrivals will be entertained up until 8pm by prior arrangement only. Arrivals after 8pm are required to pay a R100.00 late check-in fee. Late check outs: R50 per hour.
DURING PEAK SEASONS (COMRADES AND MIDMAR) - FULL DEPOSIT WILL BE TAKEN AND NO REFUNDS IN TERMS OF CANCELLATIONS AND NO SHOWS. Minimum 2 night stay during these periods.
Health and Climate:
The climate in the KwaZulu Natal Province is all year round tourist friendly. Sea temperatures are also relatively stable, averaging 21 degrees all year, providing possibilities for a diversity of aquatic activities in any season, including diving, fishing, swimming, boating and surfing.
Visitors to KwaZulu Natal can look forward to a splendid climate. The largest city, Durban, enjoys warmth and sunshine very occasionally mixed with light, steady rainfall. In Durban the air is heavy with humidity and the subtropical latitude of the city brings with it long, hot summers with rainfall, and very mild winters.
Lincoln Cottages is also centrally located to many of the various schools, hospitals and recreational facilities.
- PMB Action Sport Cricket- 5 km( 7 mins)
- City Hall (Start of Comrades Marathon) 7 km to 11 km
- Midlands Meander - 46,2 km, 37 min
- King Shaka Airport - 102 km, 1 hour 5 min
- Pietermaritzburg Oribi Airport - 7,2 km, 12 min
- Liberty Mall - 10,1 km, 17 min
- Royal Agricultural Show grounds - 9,9 km, 16 min
- Duzi River (Start of Duzi canoe marathon) - 2,6 km, 5 min
- University of Kwa Zulu Natal - 5,2 km, 10 min
- Golden Horse Casino - 4,8 km, 7 min
- Drakensberg Mountains - 231 km, 2 hours 43 min
- Secret Gardens Wedding Venue - 10,4 km, 18 min
- Savannah Estate Wedding Venue
- Pietermaritzburg Golf Club - 4 km, 6 min
We have a jungle gym and a huge, lovely blue crystal clear pool on the property.
- On arrival or during the stay - the full payment due for the entire booking may be retained.
- 0 to 14 days before arrival, no show - the full deposit paid may be retained.
- 15 to 28 days before arrival - 75% (seventy five percent) of deposit, or 25% (twenty five percent) of full quote value may be retained (whichever is the greater).
- 28 days or more before arrival - 50% (fifty percent) of deposit, or 25% (twenty five percent) of full quote value may be retained (whichever is the greater).
For all long stay bookings, where a cancellation occurs within 24 (twenty four) hours of arrival, you may retain the full amount quoted for the first four weeks, 25% (twenty five percent) of the amount quoted for the following four weeks and the balance of the amount quoted for the remainder of the booking must be refunded.
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Disabled (wheelchair friendly)
Pets only by Arrangement
Limited Room Service
Special Meals on Request
Self-Braai / Barbecue
Fax & Photocopy Machine
Parking (off-street - open)
Parking (off-street - covered)
Xhosa / Zulu
Lincoln Cottages is a Self-Catering and Bed and Breakfast in Pietermaritzburg KwaZulu-Natal South Africa