The area is rich is diversity and the scenery along the river frontage is breathtaking.
Mapungubwe Game Reserve is locate 96kms from Limpokwena and can be visited as a day trip from Limpokwena by travelling via Alldays and towards Mapungubwe.
- Game Drives
Summer temperatures are warmer, so we would suggest cool cotton clothing for during the days, with sun hats or caps. Bathing costume is also recommended.
For game drives or bush walks, we would recommend sun hats, sunblock, closed shoes as there are thorns, and a light jacket for the drive back to the lodge, at sunset.
For winter months, the mornings and afternoons can get quite cool, so we would suggest layers of clothing that can be removed as the days warm up.
* Take the N1 North through to Pretoria, and then on to Polokwane.
* From Polokwane, take the R521 through Dendron, Vivo and on to Alldays.
* Go through Alldays on the Swartwater/Tolwe Road (R572) (the last chance to stock up on basic supplies) and after approximately 4kms, there will be a turn on your right onto a district road, signposted as Dardenellen Rd (There is a Limpokwena Nature Reserve sign on the left)
* The condition of this road varies, and so we would suggest continuing on the R572 until you reach the 2nd right turn.
* After a further 15kms on the R572, you will take the 2nd right turn off at the large Limpokwena signboard.
* Follow this gravel road until you reach a T-junction. At the T-junction turn left.
* Follow the road until you reach a single lane bridge over the Magalakwena River.
* After the bridge, the entrance to the reserve is on the right.
Please ensure you have received the gate access code for access to the reserve.
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 0-3 years of age are free of charge. We do not provide cots so please ensure you bring along your own cot.
Children 4-12 years of age are 50% of the adult rate.
All children are welcome to participate on game drives, however times may be allocated accordingly to that we can accommodate a family orientated game drive.