Le Manoir de Brendel Guesthouse offers affordable luxury accommodation, weddings, conferences and boutique estate wines. Situated in the heart of the Cape Wine Lands, we are a mere 5 minute drive from the historical Franschhoek Village on the R45.
We have a total of 9 luxuriously furnished suites, equipped with modern amenities. Our visitors are provided with a convenient phone, mini bar, gowns, slippers , a television with selective DSTV channels, DVD player and a kettle (for making coffee in the morning) in each suite. Each room has a blow-dryer, a radio, a desk and a safe. We have enough safe parking for guests and 24 hour security and free Wi-Fi.
Pack your tennis shoes and walking shoes if you persist on your exercise routine. Our open-air swimming pool is a great location for you to improve your stamina and keep fit as well as cooling down. Our convivial lounge bar with a fireplace is a great place to meet family or other guests or having a wine tasting session, tasting the best of De Brendel wines.
We have hosted spectacular weddings on the estate through the years, in our quaint chapel and versatile and handsome function venue options, either indoors or under the magical starry skies of Franschhoek.
S 33 52` 52.8" E 019 3` 42.2"
Bring your racquet along and enjoy a game of tennis on our court overlooking the vineyards. Both young and old enjoy playing a game of chess on our Giant Garden Chessboard.
For more action, theres a 1.2 km walking trail through the vineyards along the Franschhoek River and over the Berg River via a wooden terrace.
Lazing in and around our swimming pool is what our guests do best when the Franschhoek summer days are upon us. Lounging around our guest lounge fireplace is just the thing to do on cold and rainy days.
Book a wine tasting session in the afternoon enjoying our best wines and the basics of professional wine tasting knowledge. You will get a chance to identify the various aromas of the wine and take information with you for future tastings.
Our guests have the choice of 9 luxurious suites with exclusive ambiance. Every room has been decorated individually and are very spacious.
All suites are serviced daily and equipped with air conditioners, direct dial telephone, selective DSTV, DVD player with a library of movies to choose from, mini-bar, coffee and tea making facilities, safe for valuables, hairdryer, gowns, slippers and luxury bathroom amenities.
Children are welcome. We can add single beds to most of our very spacious rooms with double bathrooms if the family suite is not available see our surcharge rates.
From the N1 Highway:
- From Cape Town, take the N1 highway towards Paarl. Continue on the N1 until you reach the R44 Stellenbosch/Klapmuts/Wellington turn-off.
- Take this left hand turn-off. Turn right at the end of this turn-off. You will get to a four-way stop - go straight at the four-way stop.
- Take the next turn to your left, which says R45 Franschhoek. Continue on this road until you reach a T-junction. At the T-junction turn right to Franschhoek .
- Continue with this road about 12km. You will find Le Manoir de Brendel / Oude Jongh Estate on your right hand side, approximately 6km from Franschhoek.
From the N2:
- From Cape Town, take the N2 highway towards Somerset West. Continue on the N2 until you reach the R310 Baden Powell Drive/Stellenbosch turn-off.
- Take this left hand turn-off. Turn left at the top of the turn-off. Continue on the R310 until you reach a T-junction at which you turn right towards Stellenbosch.
- You will pass Stellenbosch distillery on your right and will have the railway line on your left. At the end of the road, turn to your left.
- At the fourth set of traffic lights youll turn right towards Franschhoek via the Idas Valley and Helshoogte Mountain Pass. Go straight at the next set of traffic lights (Helshoogte Superspar will be on your right).
- Continue over the Helshoogte Mountain Pass. You will go through two villages: Jacobsdal and Pniel. After going through Pniel, you will pass Boschendal Wine Estate on your right.
- You will go over a railway line and get to a T- junction (R45 Franschhoek).Turn right towards Franschhoek at this T-Junction. Continue with this road for approximately 8km.
- You will find Le Manoir de Brendel / Oude Jongh Estate on your right hand side, approximately 6km from Franschhoek .