Lavender Manor is the ultimate owner managed, luxury guest house which offers spectacular sea and mountain views and warm, relaxed hospitality.
Overlooking popular Grotto Beach and the whale sanctuary of Walker Bay, you are within two minutes walk of the various magnificent beaches in the area, and the famous scenic cliff path.
Relax in the cosy pool area, enjoy a refreshing drink at the fully licenced sea view pub and watch the incredible sunsets over the ocean from the upstairs patio and sundowner decks.
Lavender Manor offers:
* Breathtaking views of the ocean, beaches and mountains.
* Great whale watching from the Lodge or cliff-path.
* Two minutes walk to Grotto Beach and other smaller scenic beaches, the popular cliff-path and various mountain trails in Fernkloof nature reserve.
* Situated in quiet and peaceful Voëlklip just outside the busy town centre.
* Whale watching and sundowner decks with magnificent sea and mountain views
* Close to Hermanus Golf course and Arabella Golf Estate.
* Ideally positioned to explore all the great attractions of the Overberg and the numerous eco-adventure activities in the area
* Secure off-street parking and large secluded garden with comfortable splash pool.
* Large upstairs lounge with fireplace, fully licensed bar and outside patio with panoramic views of the sea and mountains.
* Close to Hemel-en-Aarde (Heaven and Earth) wine route and an easy drive to Stellenbosch and Franschoek.
* Overlooking the bay where the whales come to play you'll discover the unique attraction that Hermanus holds: the beaches, mountains, fine South African cuisine, champagne air, whales - and views forever.Accommodation
Lavender Manor has seven luxury private suites, each with a unique character and atmosphere which enfold you in stylish comfort.
Each private and exclusive bedroom is flanked by a full en-suite bathroom (bath and seperate shower) and offers satellite TV, tea and coffee facilities, a fridge, hairdryer, percale linen, a wall safe – and wonderful views of the sea and/or mountain.
Lavender Manor Hermanus offers all rooms access to spacious lounges, whale watching decks, TV room, bar area, swimming pool and large outside patio with panoramic views of the ocean and mountains.
Breakfast – English and Continental – is a leisurely and most enjoyable affair, and comes highly recommended. Rates include bed and breakfast per person sharing a suite.
Lavender Manor Guest Lodge Activities:
* Boat based whale watching (June to Dec)
* Great white shark cage diving or viewing
Deep sea fishing
* Whale watching along cliff path
* Netting of rock lobster/crayfish from boat (In season)
* Scuba Diving and Snorkelling
* Boat trips to Dyer Island (Seals, sharks, whales, birds and penguins)
* Kayaking on Sea or Lagoon
* Mountain trails/walks in Fernkloof Nature Reserve
* Horse Riding
* Hermanus and Arabella Golf Courses
* River cruises on the African Queen
* Sports (Golf, tennis, squash, gym, cycling, etc.)
* Wine routes (Local, Stellenbosch, Paarl and Franshoek)
* Arts and crafts market and museums in town
* Guided bird watching
* Danger Point light house and many others
Click to display the map
Lavender Manor Guest Lodge Guest Review
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 1
We really enjoyed our stay. Our room was absolutely beautiful. The location is very close to the beach and the the breakfast was delicious. Friendly and extremely comfortable. Would highly recommend.
Rating: Reviewed by Jodie Searle over a year ago