Laluka Safari Lodge is a small family-owned and operated luxury lodge in the heart of Welgevonden Game Reserve in Limpopo, South Africa. We strive to have a low impact on the environment and offer an unforgettably personal experience of this incredible corner of the world.
When you stay at Laluka, you become a part of the family.
When we conceptualised Laluka, we set out to design a lodge and an experience that truly is unlike any other. It’s hard to say what made us choose our location in the Welgevonden Game Reserve, it might have been the incredible view of the valley, perhaps it was the seasonal fresh water stream that runs through the piece of land, and of course we were naturally drawn to the proximity to the watering hole - but more than that it was the feeling we got when we stood in this place. The tranquil, quiet feeling of being at peace with the world around us. Everything about Laluka is guided by that unmistakable feeling and it’s our aim to have every guest leave rested, connected and invigorated by the magnificent African bush veld.
Welgevonden Game Reserve:
Situated in the Waterberg District of South Africa’s Limpopo Province, just 2.5 hrs from Johannesburg (or a quick 45 min flight), Welgevonden is easily one of Southern Africa’s most accessible game reserves and boasts the additional convenience of being in a Malaria -free area.
The diverse landscape presents a varying experience; travel through the vast savannahs and grasslands, explore the leafy, wooded mountains and deep rocky ravines and uncover the many reasons The Waterberg was declared a Unesco heritage site.
Home to over 50 species of mammal, including the Big 5 and a host of rare species like the Cheetah, Brown Hyena, Caracal, Aardwolf and Aardvark.
There are many activities available to the Guests of Laluka Safari Lodge including, but not limited to; Inclusive Game Drives, twice Daily, use of privates plunge pools with accommodation, use of the onsite restaurant and guided walking tours available upon request.
All cancellations must be sent in written to Laluka Safari Lodge reservation office. Please note that cancellation fees are charged on amendments which include reduction of rooms or reduction of guests that affect the original value of the confirmed bookings. Please take note of the below cancellation policy:
- 10% cancellation fee is incurred if the booking is cancelled 90 days or more prior to arrival.
- 25% cancellation fee is incurred if the booking is cancelled 46 to 90 days prior to arrival.
- 50% cancellation fee is incurred if the booking is cancelled 31 to 45 days prior to arrival.
- 100% cancellation fee is incurred if the booking is cancelled 30 days or less prior to arrival.
Complimenting the complex, raw beauty of the bush veld are our understated but undeniably luxurious suites. Complete with private patios, plunge pools, air-conditioning, outdoor showers and unique bush veld vistas; Lalukas rooms make for an ideal space to relax and reinvigorate.
Complete with private patios, plunge pools, air-conditioning, en-suite bathrooms as well as outdoor showers, and unique bushveld vistas; Laluka’s rooms make for an ideal space to relax and reinvigorate.
- The rooms will be ready by 12:00 on arrival date.
- Check in from 11:00, Check out at 10:30. If guests wish to leave later, please book an extra night.
- A vehicle will be waiting for the guests at the Main Gate of Welgevonden Game Reserve from 11:00 -11:30 and will transfer them to the lodge. A secured parking on site is provided.
- All guests are required to sign an indemnity form on arrival.
- Laluka Safari Lodge shall not be held responsible for any damage or loss of any property whether belonging to the client or any of the Guests, nor shall Laluka Safari Lodge be responsible for any personal injury which may be sustained by any Guests.
- No pets are allowed in the Laluka Safari Lodge property or inside the Welgevonden Game Reserve.
- Game drives are done sharing an open safari vehicle; for a private vehicle please contact us for rates and availability.
No reservation may be assumed to be confirmed, amended or cancelled without written confirmation from the Laluka Safari Lodge reservation office.
Laluka Safari Lodge will hold a provisional booking as per follow:
1 to 30 days: 24 hours
31 to 61 days: 72 hours
61 to 90 days: 7 days
More than 90 days: 14 days
A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the booking will be levied to secure and confirm your booking.
Full payment must be made in accordance with the directions in that regard detailed in the provisional booking.
Any bank charges resulting from the payment by the Guest shall be for the Guest’s account.
All guests will be required to settle their accounts for extras on departure day. This can be done by credit card or paid in cash (We accept Euro,US Dollars, Pounds and Rand).
All single rooms will be levied a 25% single supplement. The rates are inclusive of VAT, non-commissionable.Please quote the reservation number and guests name while communicating with us for this booking and when you make the payment.
From O.R Tambo International Airport:
- Follow the R21 to Pretoria.
- Take the exit 134 onto the N1 North towards Polokwane.
- After the Kranskop Toll Plaza take the R33 towards Modimolle.
- Continue past Vaalwater; the Main Gate is located approximately 26 km after Vaalwater.
- The drive takes approximately 2.5 hours
- Laluka Safari Lodge can only accommodate children of 12 years and above.
- Children under 12 years can only be accommodated if the entire camp is booked.
- All children pay adult rate.
- The suites can be converted in one triple room upon request.