If you’re looking for something completely different, either as a unique holiday experience, an impressive corporate event or as a place to hold that landmark celebration, then look no further than the truly breathtaking Lalapanzi Lodge.
Hidden in 600 acres of forest, fynbos and vineyards in the foothills of the Hottentots Holland Nature Reserve our cosy mountain retreat is the perfect place to unwind or use as a base to explore the Cape.
The Lodge has stunning views across False Bay and Cape Point. Situated in a secure country estate we’re only 10 minutes from the beach, 20 minutes from Stellenbosch, 35 minutes from Cape Town International Airport and 50 minutes from Cape Town city centre.
Choose between B&B accommodation in the main lodge or your own exclusive self-catering lodge. Prices include full use of all facilities including pool, braai and lapa. All linen and towels, including beach towels are provided.Main Lodge
Beautifully built from log & stone, the three storey main lodge, with open fire places provides a cosy environment.
The double & twin bedded rooms are all en-suite and each has its own private entrance, patio, TV, free wireless ADSL internet and tea/coffee making facilities.
All six rooms are serviced daily and have views of False Bay.
Lalapanzi Lodge’s intimate dining room serves lunch and dinner by the fireplace in winter or on the stoep complete with outstanding sunset in the summer. Self-catering Lodges
Hide yourself away from the world in one of our exclusive solid log cabins. Each lodge has a fully equipped kitchen (with oven, microwave & fridge/freezer), breakfast bar, lounge with TV & fireplace, 2 bathrooms and braai area in your very own private garden.
There’s a large balcony from which you can enjoy the same panoramic views of False Bay & the Hottentots Holland Mountains as the Main Lodge.
All linen & towels are supplied & the chalets are fully serviced daily. Conferences
Whether it's a mini conference, management meeting or team building session the lodge can be used in a number of different ways depending on your requirements. We have a fully equipped conference room that holds up to 18 people. Activities
On the property:
* Take a leisurely stroll around the pine farm.
* Chill out by the pool with views over the Hottentots Holland Mountains and the sea.
* Hike around the game park, part of the Wedderwill Country Estate which the lodge is situated on.
* Relax on the balcony of the main lodge with a glass of wine while watching the black eagles, fish eagles and a whole variety of kestrels, kites and other local wildlife.
A few of the activities available close by include:
* Horse riding around the local farms and vineyards
* Wine tasting tours of the Cape Winelands
* Fly fishing
* The Erinvale Golf Course, Somerset West Country Club and Strand Gold Club are only a short drive away
* Whale watching between July and December
* 4x4 driving or quad biking
* Shopping in the craft markets
* Touring the local Townships
* Water skiing
* Hiking in the Helderberg Nature Reserve or on the Boland Hiking Trail
* Chilling out on the white sandy beaches
* Abseiling, paragliding or handgliding from Sir Lowry¹s Pass
* Unwinding at a local health spa
* Wining and dining at some of the world¹s finest restaurants
* Climbing Table Mountain, or if you¹re feeling less adventurous taking the cable car to the top
* Visiting Monkey Town primate sanctuary
* Discovering Betty¹s Bay where hundreds of penguins come ashore everyday
A very warm and cosy lodge.... very comfortable!! The hosts were very friendly and welcoming. Thank you for your hospitality!
Our Guesthouse is idyllically situated in the beautiful town Somerset West. Close to the Helderberg Mountain, Cape Town, Table Mountain, Waterfront.
CT-Airport is only 30 min drive. We are close to the Winelands and lots of golf courses are close by.
per person sharing
Situated between the beautiful mountains of the Helderberg, Ongegund is centrally located between Somerset West, Gordon's Bay and the best of the Cape Winelands.
This stylish and elegant home nestles among sighing hilltop pines in Rome Glen, Somerset West, with mountain vistas on one side and unparalleled views of the ocean of False Bay from Gordons Bay to Cape Town, on the other.
Vrede, the Afrikaans word for peace, fully lives up to its name and offers self-catering accommodation situated in the private Boskloof Eco-estate on the eastern fringe of Somerset West.
per person sharing
Our comfortable cottage has 2 double bedrooms, open plan lounge, dining room and kitchen, spacious bathroom with large shower and free standing bath. Safe and secure parking. Perfect for those looking for a longer stay.