This cosy guest house is situated on a working ostrich, alfalfa and vineyard farm with spectacular views of the Olifants River Valley and the Swartberg Mountain range.
This charming Victorian homestead dating back to 1902, together with its tranquil sur-roundings, fine antique furniture, gleaming woodwork and spaciousness, is reminiscent of yesteryear.
Guests can enjoy fine local wine and traditional hearty home-cooked cuisine.
Situated on the R62, just outside the centre of Oudtshoorn. 80 km form George Airport and 420 km from Cape Town International Airport.
- Theres bird watching and hiking among the fynbos and rare succulents.
- Mountain biking and cycling.
- There are leisurely walks in complete safety and solitude.
- Take a balloon flight and visit the worlds only meerkat (mongoose cat-like predators) conservation program where you can walk with these little earth people and be at one with nature.
- The location puts guests within easy access to natural hot springs, nature and wildlife reserves, the Cango Caves, ostrich show farms and wine estates. (Ask Karin to prepare a picnic basket to take on your excursions.)
9 double en-suite bedrooms are individually furnished with fully appointed bathrooms.
The rooms are not numbered; the rooms bear names different types of ostrich feathers grace the doors to rooms, each with an individual unique signature of colour and aroma and furnishing.
* Undercover Parking
* Television with M-Net
* Restaurant (Premises)
* Swimming Pool (Premises)
* Children Welcome (All ages)
* 50 minutes from George Airport
* Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
* Conference Facilities (18 of delegates)