This cosy guest house is situated on a working ostrich, alfalfa and vineyard farm with spectacular views of the Olifants River Valley and the Swartberg Mountain range.
This charming Victorian homestead dating back to 1902, together with its tranquil sur-roundings, fine antique furniture, gleaming woodwork and spaciousness, is reminiscent of yesteryear.
Guests can enjoy fine local wine and traditional hearty home-cooked cuisine.
Situated on the R62, just outside the centre of Oudtshoorn. 80 km form George Airport and 420 km from Cape Town International Airport.
9 double en-suite bedrooms are individually furnished with fully appointed bathrooms.
The rooms are not numbered; the rooms bear names – different types of ostrich feathers grace the doors to rooms, each with an individual unique signature of colour and aroma and furnishing.
* Undercover Parking
* Television with M-Net
* Restaurant (Premises)
* Swimming Pool (Premises)
* Children Welcome (All ages)
* 50 minutes from George Airport
* Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
* Conference Facilities (18 of delegates)
La Plume Guest House Activities:
- There’s bird watching and hiking among the fynbos and rare succulents.
- Mountain biking and cycling.
- There are leisurely walks in complete safety and solitude.
- Take a balloon flight and visit the world’s only meerkat (mongoose – cat-like predators) conservation program where you can walk with these little “earth people” and be at one with nature.
- The location puts guests within easy access to natural hot springs, nature and wildlife reserves, the Cango Caves, ostrich show farms and wine estates. (Ask Karin to prepare a picnic basket to take on your excursions.)
La Plume Guest House Map:
Guest Rating: (4 reviews)
Only 7 km outside Oudtshoorn is one of the world’s 17 "hot spots" with 3 overlapping flower zones. This owner managed, 2500 hectare working farm, is malaria free, wheelchair friendly and child friendly. Fair Trade registered.
Guest Rating: (2 reviews)
De Denne Country Guest House gives you tranquillity, spectacular views and soul touching moments. Sunsets you will never find elsewhere and hospitality to make you feel at home.
Guest Rating: (1 review)
Stylish guest house on real working ostrich farm 10km from Oudtshoorn in idyllic setting. Enjoy luxury stay (free wi-fi) with country tranquility. Authentic & traditional local hospitality & cuisine. Private farm tour. Perfect base for exploring area.
Guest Rating: (3 reviews)
Miles B&B Guest House offers comfortable home-from-home accommodation with a cosy ambiance, and a perfect setting for those who wish to be within the hub of Oudtshoorn, but with the sensation of tranquil surroundings in the countryside
Thylitshia Villa Guesthouse is a beautiful newly renovated vintage guesthouse in the countryside of Oudtshoorn. This cosy 4 star guesthouse is a haven of peace overlooking the Swartberg mountains.8 French vintage decorated en-suite bedrooms await you.