Kwalata Game Lodge is located at the Dinokeng Big 5 Game Reserve in the northern corner of Gauteng, next to the N1 Highway. The Dinokeng Game Reserve accommodates all of the big five free roaming, and offers great plains game viewing. It is the perfect malaria-free stop-over, only 1/2 hour drive from Pretoria and 1 hour drive north of OR Tambo International Airport.
Kwalata Private Game Lodge is situated in the Big 5 Dinokeng Game Reserve in the northern corner of Gauteng, next to the N1 Highway - easily accessible by tar road. The 20,000 ha indigenous bushveld and grassland Reserve accommodates all of the big five free-roaming and offers great plains game viewing and more than 300 bird species. It is the perfect malaria-free stop-over, only 1/2 hour drive from Pretoria and 1-hour drive north of OR Tambo International Airport. Your ideal “first night’s stay” upon arrival in South Africa. Our friendly staff and South African hospitality will ensure a memorable experience!
All 31 Kwalata rooms comprises of its own air-conditioning unit, en-suite bathrooms, tea/coffee making facilities and Free Wi-Fi. Our collection consist with different option like Self Catering with braai facilities, Full Board Options, as well as private Boma and Kitchen facilities options.
- If cancelling 7 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the booking total.
- If cancelling 14 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the deposit.
- If cancelling 21 days before arrival, forfeit 50% of the deposit.
- If cancelling 30 days before arrival, forfeit 25% of the deposit.
* A 100% payment is required for a reservation 30 days before arrival.
* To secure Reservation, a 50% Deposit is required within 5 days of date of Pro-forma Invoice.
* Changes to reservation will only be accepted in writing.
* All extra’s to be settled DIRECT before departure (bar, copies, telephone etc.)
* Drone Flying prohibited in the Dinokeng Game Reserve.
Directions from Johannesburg & Pretoria: It is a 1-hour drive from O.R. Tambo International Airport. Use the N1 NORTH or R26 towards Polokwane. Keep following the N1 North (Polokwane) directions. Pass through Pretoria if coming from Johannesburg. When through Pretoria, you reach the Pumulani toll Plaza. From there it is 23km, to Offramp 183: Hammanskraal/Boekenhoutskloof. Take the off-ramp, pass through the tollgate, turn right on the bridge. Drive straight for approximately 1 km, the road becomes gravel and the Dinokeng Ndlovu Gate will be in front of you. Take an Entrance Ticket from the gate. When passed through the Dinokeng Game Reserve Ndlovu gate, you will see Kwalata Entrance Signage immediately on your left. Follow the signage for approximately 3km, on the gravel road until you reach Kwalata Game Lodge.
Our Venue is Child Friendly. We have a “Kids-on-Safari” Play Area for the kids.