- A Canopy of a Million Stars The Addo Elephant National Park lies hidden within the cavernous bushveld of the Eastern Cape. It is here where the evening’s silence is broken by the howl of the black-backed jackal and the francolins’ call heralds each new dawn.
The Addo Elephant National Park lies hidden within the cavernous bushveld of the Eastern Cape. Enjoy the howls of the black-backed jackal from the comfort of your luxury chalet in the evening, while the Francolins’ call heralds each new dawn.
With uninterrupted views of the Karoo Plains and the Zuurberg Mountains, Kuzuko Lodge lies in a private concession to the north of the Addo Elephant National Park, the third largest national park in South Africa in a malaria-free region.
Kuzuko Lodge is not only known as place of glory but also of absolute seclusion and tranquillity. This exclusive lodge is a must for every nature lover who enjoys to relax and take in the sounds of the wild.Facilities at Kuzuko LodgeWellness Centre
Kuzuko Lodge is not only known as place of glory but also of absolute seclusion and tranquillity. Get in touch with your inner self while we pamper you from head to toe. Like everything at this lodge The Wellness Centre boasts a breathtaking view of the big 5 Karoo Park below. We offer a variety of wellness treatments including facials, speciality messages, reflexology, manicures, pedicure to name but a few these can be done in the Wellness Centre or in the privacy of your chalet. Couples can enjoy treatments together in the facility set up especially for multiple treatments. This experience will leave you refreshed and rejuvenated.Weddings
Kuzuko Lodge offers the perfect venue for guests to honour their love and commitment to each other.Outdoor
• Curio Shop
• Swimming Pool
• Wellness Centre
• Helipad & Landing StripMeetings and Functions
Kuzuko boasts state of the art conference facilities for up to 48 delegates, a business centre with unlimited free internet access, printing and photocopying facilities.Dining
The Restaurant, Bar and outdoor wooden Deck offers spectacular views of the big five reserve below. The fully inclusive package includes brunch, afternoon Karoo tea and snacks as well as dinner which may be served in the restaurant or bush braai boma. A deck menu featuring light snacks, desserts and cocktails are available on request and will be charged additionally. Should you have any specific dietary requirements please do discussed it with the reservationist when making your booking. The Kuzuko’s kitchen takes pleasure in ensuring that all guests’s individual needs are catered for. Do not forget to mention a special event such as a birthday as ‘Auntie Sina’ as our pastry chef is lovingly known, enjoys treating our guests to special cakes and sweet treats.Accommodation at Kuzuko Lodge
• 24 Chalets & 3 accessible chalets Luxury Accessible Chalet:
- 40 square meter chalet, Open plan lounge area, Sleeper couch, Twin beds or a king size bed, Dressing table, Bath situated under large windows allowing you to enjoy the view of the stars, Basin with big mirror, Separate bathroom, Accessible shower and toilet, Minibar fridge.Luxury Child Friendly Chalet
- 33 square meter chalet, Open plan bedroom, Either twin beds or a king size bed, Dressing table, Lounge, Sleeper couch, may be exchanged for 2 roller beds, Separate bathroom consists of a bath situated under large windows allowing you to enjoy the view of the stars.Luxury Chalet
- 33 square meter chalet, Open plan bedroom, Either twin beds or a king size bed, Dressing table, Lounge, Separate bathroom with the bath situated under large windows allowing you to enjoy the view of stars, Basin with big mirror, Walk-in shower, Private toilet, Minibar fridge.
FB (Full Board) rates include the following:
• Transfers between Kuzuko Gatehouse and Kuzuko Lodge, accommodation, welcome drinks on arrival, light finger lunch, four-course dinner, early bird tea/coffee, breakfast and two activities daily. Please see which activities are available during certain periods.
• During 1 January – 30 April 2017 & 1 September – 31 December 2017 two activities daily will be included from the below list:
o Morning game drive
o Bushman painting exploration walk
o Afternoon game drive
o R250 wellness treatment voucher
• Please note that during 1 May – 31 August 2017 only game drives and a R250 wellness treatment voucher are available
• Children's meal/activity rate - please refer to the children's policy as per terms and condition.Children Policy:
Children aged 0-2 years will be accommodated free of charge on full board basis if sharing with one or two adults. Children aged 3-6 years will be accommodated free of charge on a bed only basis when sharing with one or two adults and will be charged R430.00 per child per day for all meals and two activities, if sharing with one or two adults. Children aged 7-12 years will be accommodated free of charge on a room only basis and will be charged R840.00 per child per day for all meals and two activities, if sharing with one or two adults. Children aged 13-17 years will be accommodated free of charge on a room only basis and will be charged R1680.00 per child per day for all meals and two activities, if sharing with one or two adults. Children occupying their own rooms will be charged the full adult rate.Children Activity Program:
Fun in the Sun pack - Includes all tools needed to make the most of all the activities on offer.
Bag, hat, sun block, insect repellent and one of the below mentioned activities included;
- Wilderness Ramble
Let’s get up close and personal with all the local goggas, Jurassic descendants and other interesting visitors and plants around the lodge. All sorts of treasures to be collected for fun art activities afterwards. Ages 5 to 10 years
- Do it like the Khoisan Kids did it
Experience the Karoo the Bushmen way. Explore nature and the remnants of caves and Khoisan painting gallery. Memorise the paintings to be redrawn using your paint brush made from a local plant on return to the lodge. (Minimum of 4 children) Ages 8 to 14 years
- Kids on Safari
Explore our big five reserve on a private kids safari, learning about the big and the small five and all the other critters living out there. (Minimum of 6 children) ages 6 to 15 years
- Tiny Todds – Colouring, puzzles, games and fun activities on offer in a secure environment. Up to the age of 5 yearsActivities at Kuzuko LodgeWildlife
This 15000 hectare private section of the greater Addo Elephant National Park is home to the Big five as well as Cheetah. Being part of the arid Karoo region and just coming out of a severe drought the herd sizes in this unique reserve may not compare to what can be found in the likes of the Kruger National Park. However you will go far and wide to find the quality of up close game viewing Kuzuko has to offer. Kudzuko`s qualified game rangers have a passion for this unique area and they go above and beyond to ensure that all guests leave having fallen in love with the Karoo and its unusual beauty.Safari / Adventure
• Game drives
• Cheetah walks & Nature walks
• Bird watching
• Khoisan cave exploration
• Cosmic safari’s
• 4x4 route & activities
• Team building activities
• Kids activity programCheetah Walks
Kuzuko’s Cheetah has been habituated to allow human’s to view them u close and personal. They are not tame but simply tolerate you while you get to spend quality time with them on ground level. The thrill of this unique experience has been compared to extreme adventure activities and offers breathtaking photographic opportunities. It forms part of a 3 hour game drive, an additional fee will be charged which goes to the Kuzuko foundation for wildlife rehabilitation.
Wonderful experience of game drives, staff all very friendly with fine dining in the desert , great stuff. Accommodation clean and very comfortable. Top marks
Wow.... this place is amazing ... very friendly staff, the rooms and restaurant were above first class and the food and plating was of a very high standard. Deffinately recommended Jill & Dave Jones Durban
Staff and facilities were first class. Food was outstanding!
We enjoyed every minute of our 2 day stay, and would return in future. Great food.