I often think of the Krystal Beach Hotel as being similar to a ship sailing into the vastness of False Bay - to Port one sees the picturesque village of Gordon`s Bay, nestling across a cove with twinkling night-lights and hemmed in by the majestic Hottentots Holland Mountains. To Starboard, one sees the captivating Harbour Island Marina, with distant views of Simon`s Town and Table Mountain across False Bay, hemmed in by the Cape Peninsula mountain range.
Cape Town International Airport is only 40 km and 35 min drive from the Krystal Beach. We are only 1.5 km from Gordon`s Bay Village and the walk there is usually a highlight for our guests. Bikini Beach (Blue Flag) is only 2.7 km from the Krystal Hotel. The Strand, with its magnificent beaches (Blue Flag), is virtually on our doorstep, Somerset West about 5 min, Stellenbosch about 15 min, Hermanus about 45 min, and Cape Town about 40 min. The Krystal Beach Hotel is at the start of both the Wine and Whale Routes.
The Krystal Beach is a gem, exuding a quiet sophistication without any trace of snobbishness, in harmony with tranquil decor conducive to relaxation, and all our rooms have truly spectacular views.
Our Ndiza Art Gallery has become a big attraction in the hotel. Guests enjoy wandering through the gallery contemplating the art that comprises paintings in different mediums, including sculptures.
Krystal Komfort is located on the first floor of Krystal Beach, with breath-taking views over the Harbour Island Marina. Keeping to the theme of the property we offer you an environment to unwind from the stresses of life. It features a welcoming reception and retail area, three spacious multi-function treatment rooms and a manicure and pedicure lounge. Our experienced and professional staff believe in individual treatment and will work with you to understand and meet your needs. Whether you are new to massage and skin care treatments, or a long time wellness enthusiast, our treatments are crafted to enhance your senses, inner serenity and your overall well-being. We offer a wide range of therapeutic services designed to relax, pamper and improve your well-being.
The Krystal Beach Hotel boasts a magnificent Gym overlooking the sparkling outdoor swimming pool. Parking at the Krystal Beach Hotel is underground, secure and free.
Our restaurants offer discerning foodies and John Citizen diverse menus, and our dishes reflect new trends in both international and local cuisine. We are always delighted to accommodate any guest`s particular dietary requirements.
Breakfast at Krystal Restaurant is served buffet style. Its assortment incorporates English and French classics, as well as decadent a la carte options. Lunch is a celebration of light, delicious meals and salads. The menu features mouth-watering dishes like grilled prawns, fish, meats and fresh garden salads.
Dinner at the Krystal Restaurant is a blend of a la carte and fine dining experiences. Diners can expect creative gourmet delicacies, inventive standalone dishes and subtle fusions of South African and global culinary influences. Specialities include seafood, freshly baked bread and intricate, modern desserts.
The Krystal Bar, situated in the Krystal Restaurant lounge area, is a modern, open space with commanding views over the Harbour Island Marina and False Bay. Krystal Bar boasts a tranquil ambiance, where guests are invited to take a seat at the curved bar or in the elegant lounge area to admire the view.
The Oh La La Cocktail Lounge is a trendy sea-facing bar open between 12:00 pm till late. Situated on the water`s edge, overlooking the marina, the Oh La La Cocktail Lounge at Krystal Beach features a vibrant atmosphere, breath-taking views and friendly service.
The Captain`s Table is an intimate private venue located in the replica of an old sailing ship. Perfect for birthday celebrations, business functions, or family reunions, this dining venue is a one-of-a-kind way to enjoy a delicious seafood feast. In-room Dining in the comfort of your room is from 7:00 - 22:00.
The Krystal Beach Hotel is passionate about hosting exclusive weddings and offers you unrivaled venues designed to exceed your every expectation. We understand that your wedding day is one of the most memorable days of your life. Our exquisite property delivers conspicuous quality and excellent service, guaranteeing you an opulent, graceful, stylish, and memorable experience. Our passionate team will be on hand to take care of all your accommodation and culinary requirements.
For the benefit of guests who might not know I feel that I should point out that Gordon`s Bay is arguably one of the safest little villages in South Africa. The safety of our guests is of paramount importance to us, and our security team remains ever vigilant, highly motivated, and professional. Our numerous internal and external CCTV surveillance cameras further monitor people traffic 24/7 for absolute peace of mind.
Accommodation at The Krystal Beach Hotel:
Guests have the choice of 112 elegant rooms and suites, each with their own mountain or marina view, modern furnishings and convenient amenities. The decor throughout this luxury Gordon`s Bay hotel reflects cool textures, tones and colours while local art and photography adorn the walls of each room, bringing a true taste of South Africa to complement the hotel`s muted colour palette.
All our rooms have fabulous sea and mountains views on both sides of the hotel. Rooms overlooking the pool and spa deck also have magnificent views of the Marina. Only the boardwalk separates the sea from the hotel. Most rooms have private balconies whilst others have access to balconies.
Our suites, and indeed all our rooms, are widely acclaimed for their spaciousness, peaceful ambiance, magnificent sea and mountain views on both sides of the hotel, having either a balcony or a terrace, and with all the mod cons any discerning traveler would expect from a five-star hotel.
The beverage stations with refrigerators and Nespresso coffee machines (in our suites) are much appreciated. If one requires a room conducive to utter relaxation, with absolutely awesome views, one cannot do better than stay at the Krystal Beach.
The Krystal Beach is located at the very epicentre of the best attractions and activities that the Western Cape has to offer. Consider the following highlights:
- Swim, tan, picnic and chill on our pristine Bikini, Strand, and numerous other coastal drive beaches.
- Enjoy wine tasting and dining at 30 award-winning and historic Somerset West wine estates. Enjoy the adjacent Stellenbosch and Elgin Wine routes.
- Visit the KogelBerg Reserve and the Harold Porter Botanical gardens. Considered by many to be the most beautiful of Cape Nature's protected areas, the greater Kogelberg Nature Reserve earns that reputation largely to the fact that it occupies an area with minimal human interference. Its exceptional diversity and quality of fynbos places it at the heart of the Cape Floral Kingdom. The reserve presents perhaps the finest example of mountain fynbos in the Western Cape and is a world-renowned World Heritage Site.
- During the Cape Winter season (especially June to October), view Whales and Dolphins in False Bay and along the coastline to nearby Hermanus, acclaimed the world's best land-based whale watching resort town.
- Try your hand at fishing or boating.
- Enjoy the magnificent Clarence Mountain Drive past picturesque coastal holiday and fishing villages, commencing 15 min drive time from the Krystal Beach.
- Visit Penguin Nature Reserve at Stony Point.
- Visit the Elgin Valley and Bot River areas: view vineyards, apple and pear orchards and beautiful mountains. This self-drive route offers spectacular photographic opportunities.
- Lonely Planet recently listed Cape Canopy Tour (located in the Elgin Valley near Grabouw, only 15 min from the Krystal Beach Hotel), and scale the rugged Hottentots Holland Mountains in the Cape Nature reserve of the same name. Lonely Planet has described it as vertigo-tinged fun and an exciting aerial perspective. Do so in the company of soaring eagles, surrounded by breath-taking Cape Fynbos panoramas and mountain-scape.
- Play Golf at any one of several excellent courses, all within easy reach of the Krystal Beach.
- Take a quick drive to Cape Town: home to the V&A Waterfront, Robben Island Tours, Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, and Table Mountain's Cable Car.
- The Cheetah Outreach Research Station.
13. Monkey Town (the world of monkeys and primates).
Each room boasts a luxurious queen-sized bed, a stylish en-suite bathroom with a shower, flat-screen satellite TV, bespoke wardrobe, bar fridge, plush easy chairs from which to enjoy the spectacular views, and personal tea and coffee station.