Kraalbaai Luxury House Boats - Situated in the West Coast National Park - SANParks, plus minus an hour drive from Cape Town.
This unique experience offers you the opportunity of “living on the water”. With breathtaking lagoon views and all nature has to offer on your doorstep, it is ideal for a family getaway or even a romantic retreat. Kraalbaai Luxury House Boats is self catering but we can cater for you on request.
Kraalbaai where you will find two peaceful house boats awaiting your arrival. Larus House boat that can sleep up to 6. It consists of a well equipped open plan kitchen and dining area with a braai facility. The main cabin has a queen size bed and the second cabin a comfortable bunk bed.
Nirvana House boat that sleeps 22. With 14 on the lower and 8 on the upper deck but can accommodate up to 50 people during the day. It is luxuriously finished and ideally suited for use by corporate groups, family holidays, special occasions and functions.
Each deck is a unit on its own with full facilities and may be enjoyed separately or as a single unit. Both decks have extensive open deck space and the lower one, a floating jetty which serves both.
Flush toilets, large pentagonal showers and basins. Spacious lounge with fireplace and sound system. The lounge leads out onto the large, wind-free foredeck, equipped with tables and chairs making this the ideal spot for dining with a view. Swim deck with floatation.
Enjoy the beauty of one of the great floral kingdoms of the world; where activities such as fishing, sailing, mountain biking, hiking, picnicking etc are enjoyed in nature; and where fine dining experiences (on board by arrangement) or outings to Mykonos Resort and Casino, restaurants in Saldanha Bay and Langebaan or a visit to the Yacht Club are arranged with pleasure. You are invited to embrace the heritage and these activities from your quiescent houseboat-base in Kraalbaai, within the surrounds of the unique biodiversity of the West Coast National Park and surrounds.
Accommodation on Kraalbaai Luxury House Boats:
The Larus Houseboat accommodates a maximum of 6 guests in 3 Cabins. It consists of a well equipped open plan kitchen and dining area with a braai facility. The main cabin has a queen size bed and the second cabin a comfortable bunk bed (2 sleeper). The third cabin has removable mattresses which are used at night (2 sleeper).
The Larus consists of the following structures namely:
- Floatation for house boat
- Swim deck with floatation
- Aluminum covering
- Deck under covering
- Solar panels and Inverter
- Exterior bench
- Stainless steel stations and wire railing
- Gas geyser
- Boat house at 45m sq
- Aluminum windows
The Nirvana Houseboat consists of an upper and lower deck. It is luxuriously finished and ideally suited for use by corporate groups, family holidays, special occasions and functions. It accommodates up to 24 guests. It is approximately four hundred square meters in size, and weighs 130 tons. A Naval architect designed the houseboat to South African Maritime specifications.
The lower deck of the Nirvana accommodates a maximum of 14 people. The facilities include:
- Spacious lounge with fireplace and sound system. The lounge leads out onto the large, wind-free foredeck, equipped with tables and chairs making this the ideal spot for dining with a view.
- State of the art, fully equipped kitchen with large gas stove, oven and fridge. Kitchen utensils, crockery and cutlery. In fact, all you need to bring is your food and drink.
- Five spacious bedrooms each with queen size beds, which can be split into two single beds depending on your sleeping preferences.
- The sixth bedroom is equipped with two comfortable bunk beds (4 Sleeper).
- Three full bathrooms flush toilets, large pentagonal showers and basins.
- Foredeck - large wind free area leading off the lounge offering guests a unique dining area with spectacular views and shaded outside seating.
- Spacious 45 square meter floating platform, leading off the foredeck area, offering barbeque facilities, sun-bathing and swimming.
The upper deck of the Nirvana accommodates a maximum of 10 people and compromises the following:
- The upper deck can be accessed from either the aft-or fore-deck via staircases on either side respectively.
- The spacious lounge offers spectacular wrap-around views and has plenty of space for luxury laid back relaxing as well as a bar-counter area.
- Two Bedrooms, each with queen size beds, which can be split into two single beds depending on your sleeping preferences.
- The third bedroom is smaller and has a comfortable double bed which cannot be split into two singles.
- Two comfortable double sleeper couches in the lounge area.
- A large deck for lounging and sunbathing.
- Full Bathroom - flush toilet, large pentagonal shower and basin.
The Serenity House boat can accommodate 6 guests. It consists of two rooms each with a double bed. In the lounge you will find a double sleeper couch in front of the Fire place.
Fully equipped open plan kitchen. The lounge has a big window door to not spoil your views of the lagoon that can open the full length of the wall. Thus creating a beautiful space of the lounge running on to the deck.
The Deck has your Braai and Table. So enjoy your braai while keeping an eye on the kids as they splash around.
2 x Bedrooms
1 x Bathroom ( Double Shower, Toilet, Basin)
Lounge with sleeper couch
Fully equipped kitchen with gas oven, microwave and fridge
- Single and Double Kayak rentals: Single R200 p/d; Double R300 p/d
- Stand up paddle boards R200 p/d
- Sun downer Cruises Price on request
- Jet ski around Schaapen Island Price on request
- Take Away R300 delivery fee
- Grocery & Beverages R300 delivery fee
- Water Taxi R600 return trip
- Shuttle Services Price on request
- Day/Night Drives Price on request
- Walking Trails
- Bird watching
- Catering Price on request
- Fishing Charters Price on request
- Picnic Baskets Price on request