Koo Karoo Guest Lodge
is centrally situated in the picturesque town of Montagu. It consists of a 115 year old Victorian house with 3 large comfortable en suite rooms, a coach house converted into a family unit that can sleep 5, and a smaller self catering apartment that accommodates four.
We offer guests:
- 3 double/twin rooms all ensuite
- Self Catering Cottage - Wheelchair Access
- self catering apartment
- Sparkling Pool
- Ample off street parking
- Free Wifi available in all rooms
Koo Karoo Guest Lodge Rooms:
The accommodation consists of three spacious ensuite bedrooms and each is equipped with tea/coffee facilities, heaters and fans and can be offered on a room only basis or including breakfast
- Economy Double or Twin: One double bed and one single bed with ensuite shower and toilet. Private entrance, tea and coffee making facilities and
small SABC TV. (This room can accommodate 3 people)
- is a queen double bed with ensuite bath, shower and toilet. This room also has a small SABC TV.
- is a king double bed with aircon and is ensuite with bath, separate shower cubicle, toilet, fridge, DSTV (30 channels) and overlooks the garden.
The guest lounge is comfortably furnished and provides DSTV where guests can enjoy a complimentary glass of Montagu Muscadel.
Three spacious bed and breakfast rooms offer the following:
- En suite with private entrance
- WiFi facilities in all rooms
- Coffee/tea making facilities
- Fans/heaters in all rooms
- Clock/radio in rooms
- DSTV in king room & guest lounge
- SABC TV in some rooms
- Laundry service available
- Dinner reservations completed for you
- Braai/BBQ facilities available
- Outside smoking only
Koo Karoo Self Catering:
The Cottage was converted from its former use many years ago as a coach house and it still boasts many of the original features such as the barn doors, parts of old cobble stone flooring and original stone walls.
A second self catering apartment has been created in the east wing of the main house, and is accessed via two private entrances.
Information About the Cottage
Cottage consists of two separate bedrooms (one room with a king double bed, the other with two single beds) and can accommodate 4 people. The bathroom has bath, shower cubicle and toilet.
Information About the Apartment
One ensuite bedroom with a queen double extra length bed and a separate single bed. The bathroom has bath, shower cubicle and toilet. The apartment can accommodate 3 people and the bathroom has a separate entrance independent from the bedroom.
- Linen and towels are provided, along with tissues and shower gel for guests to use.
- The kitchens have a stove, fridge/freezer, kettle, microwave, toaster, and all crockery is supplied. Tea and coffee is supplied for guests convenience.
- The spacious lounge areas have DSTV
- Covered braai/bbq facilities are available in the garden area.
- Children are welcome
- Ample Off street parking
- Outside smoking only
Local area information and activities:
- Tractor Trips
- Hot Mineral Springs
- Walking and Hiking trails
- Golf Courses
- Wine tasting
- Rock climbing
- Bird Watching
- Nature reserves
Koo Karoo Guest Lodge Map:
Koo Karoo Guest Lodge Guest Reviews
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 4
Very comfortable and well appointed. The reception we got was friendly and welcoming. Would stay there again when in Montagu.
Rating: Reviewed by Madele Ingram over a year ago
Good service. The place is clean and tidy. Big and spacious. And very reasonable priced.
Rating: Reviewed by Ivan Simmers over a year ago
Friendly atmosphere, accommodation and food fine. Pleasant spot, good restaraunt nearby.
Rating: Reviewed by Anthony Walker over a year ago
Nothing to say except wonderful. The owner was very kind and helpful. The advice was great. The room was beautiful.
Rating: Reviewed by Meira Jean-Paul over a year ago
Other Accommodation near Koo Karoo Guest Lodge:
Accommodation options within 8km from Koo Karoo Guest Lodge include:
Romantic self-catering accommodation. Set on 4 private hectares. Ideal for a honeymoon or wedding anniversary – or even for a much needed breakaway. Affordable but with no compromise when it comes to luxury. Regret no children under the age of 18.
per person sharing
Enjoy this picturesque village with its hot mineral springs just outside of town. It offers a hands-on healing experience not to be missed! And neither should we be missed - country elegance, space and service, with an unbelievable atmosphere
per person sharing
20 on Church is conveniently situated in Montagu on the Route 62. Only 2 hours from Cape Town it is the perfect stop between Cape Town and the Garden Route.
The Place you want to stay in Montagu. A Luxury Grand Victorian Villa built in 1889, famous Guest Include You.. Nelson Mandela, FW de Klerk and many more.
Luxury accommodation of very high standard with a peaceful garden setting &Victorian Ambiance.
Historical Accomodation in a heritage town of Montagu, Perfect place to stay for a few days and enjoy the enviroment around you and learn about true south african culture