Koo Karoo Guest Lodge
is centrally situated in the picturesque town of Montagu. It consists of a 115 year old Victorian house with 3 large comfortable en suite rooms, a coach house converted into a family unit that can sleep 5, and a smaller self catering apartment that accommodates four.
We offer guests:
- 3 double/twin rooms all ensuite
- Self Catering Cottage - Wheelchair Access
- self catering apartment
- Sparkling Pool
- Ample off street parking
- Free Wifi available in all rooms
Koo Karoo Guest Lodge Rooms:
The accommodation consists of three spacious ensuite bedrooms and each is equipped with tea/coffee facilities, heaters and fans and can be offered on a room only basis or including breakfast
- Economy Double or Twin: One double bed and one single bed with ensuite shower and toilet. Private entrance, tea and coffee making facilities and
small SABC TV. (This room can accommodate 3 people)
- is a queen double bed with ensuite bath, shower and toilet. This room also has a small SABC TV.
- is a king double bed with aircon and is ensuite with bath, separate shower cubicle, toilet, fridge, DSTV (30 channels) and overlooks the garden.
The guest lounge is comfortably furnished and provides DSTV where guests can enjoy a complimentary glass of Montagu Muscadel.
Three spacious bed and breakfast rooms offer the following:
- En suite with private entrance
- WiFi facilities in all rooms
- Coffee/tea making facilities
- Fans/heaters in all rooms
- Clock/radio in rooms
- DSTV in king room & guest lounge
- SABC TV in some rooms
- Laundry service available
- Dinner reservations completed for you
- Braai/BBQ facilities available
- Outside smoking only
Koo Karoo Self Catering:
The Cottage was converted from its former use many years ago as a coach house and it still boasts many of the original features such as the barn doors, parts of old cobble stone flooring and original stone walls.
A second self catering apartment has been created in the east wing of the main house, and is accessed via two private entrances.
Information About the Cottage
Cottage consists of two separate bedrooms (one room with a king double bed, the other with two single beds) and can accommodate 4 people. The bathroom has bath, shower cubicle and toilet.
Information About the Apartment
One ensuite bedroom with a queen double extra length bed and a separate single bed. The bathroom has bath, shower cubicle and toilet. The apartment can accommodate 3 people and the bathroom has a separate entrance independent from the bedroom.
- Linen and towels are provided, along with tissues and shower gel for guests to use.
- The kitchens have a stove, fridge/freezer, kettle, microwave, toaster, and all crockery is supplied. Tea and coffee is supplied for guests convenience.
- The spacious lounge areas have DSTV
- Covered braai/bbq facilities are available in the garden area.
- Children are welcome
- Ample Off street parking
- Outside smoking only
Local area information and activities:
- Tractor Trips
- Hot Mineral Springs
- Walking and Hiking trails
- Golf Courses
- Wine tasting
- Rock climbing
- Bird Watching
- Nature reserves