is a beautiful safari bush home in a private wildlife reserve specializing in family safaris. Located in the spectacular and malaria free Waterberg wilderness of South Africa and offering a wide range of wildlife activities including camp-outs under the stars.
Their unique junior bush tracker programme captivates and teaches children a variety of bush skills and survival techniques.
Small, stylish and relaxed it is available for exclusive, private use or non-exclusive booking. Accommodating up to 14 with 5 en suite bedrooms and a bunk room it is ideal for families but also welcomes couples. Excellent facilities include a tennis court, a games room, bicycles and a library as well as a lovely swimming pool with fantastic views over the reserve.
Activities are flexible to suit the ages and interest of each of the guests and it is well known for it’s excellent cuisine. Also a fabulous wedding location.
Accommodation at Jembisa Lodge:
There is five luxury en-suite bedrooms, three with private balconies plus a children bunk room. Arrangements are flexible to suit each parties needs. Bunk beds and cots for children are available.
All bathrooms have both a shower and a bath.
Facilities & Services:
- Children under 12 years
- Babysitting Service
- Laundry Service
- Ironing Service
- Wedding facilities
- Cots available
- Curio Shop
- Fireplace on the Premises
- Games Room
- Hiking / Walking Trails
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis Court
Jembisa Lodge Activities: At Jembisa Lodge:
- Salt water pool
- Relaxation (massages)
In the Reserve:
- Game Drives - Drives are in our 4x4 open landrovers with highly trained and experienced rangers. Night drives provide the opportunity of seeing the nocturnal animals such as leopard, brown hyena, aardvark, civet cats and porcupines.
- Bush Walks - Bush walks are always fascinating and experience the thrill of walking with rhino.
- Camp Out - Camp out for a night under canvas, if you choose, getting closer to nature and waking with the African dawn.
- Bushman Paintings and Archaeological sites - The reserve has been home to many peoples over time and there are stone age, early and late iron age sites and bushman paintings. We will gladly help you to explore these and share our knowledge with you.
There are lots of interesting places to visit and things to do in the area and we would be delighted to accompany you to those of your choice.
- Curio shops
- The Waterberg boasts some exceptional curio and African art shops.
- Horse riding at Horizon Horseback
- Elephant-back safaris at Rock Lodge
- Day trips to Big 5 Reserves
- Scenic helicopter flights
Click to display the map
Other Accommodation near Jembisa Lodge:
Accommodation options within 8km from Jembisa Lodge include:
Guest Rating: (8 reviews)
Palala River Cottages offers you 3 fully equipped self-catering lodges in a beautiful, unspoilt wild setting, on the Palala River deep inside the Waterberg mountain wilderness with a diversity of game including leopard, hippo and crocodile
per unit, Max: 10