Ikaia River Lodge is a fisherman and nature lover`s paradise, where you can relax near Keimoes - the jewel of the Northern Cape. The establishment is situated a comfortable 40 km from Upington, on the main road between Keimoes and Cape Town. It is conveniently located close to the national route to Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, Augrabies Falls National Park, Riemvasmaak, Namaqualand, Upington, Namibia, Kenhardt, Johannesburg, and Bloemfontein.
The environment is arid, but due to irrigation from the Gariep River, the town is very green. Animals like Springbok, Giant King-fisher, Fish Eagle, Wild duck, Heron and a lot more can be seen here as well as fly-fishing and squash can also be done on-site. The area has many things to offer.
Ikaia also has an on-site restaurant called the River Caf, where you can enjoy an la carte menu. Ikaia strives to make all their guests feel welcome and at home.
Accommodation at Ikaia River Lodge:
Accommodation comprises of en-suite units, self-catering chalets and camping sites. Each en-suite unit is equipped with a kitchenette and public barbecue/braai facilities. Each self-catering unit is equipped with a full kitchen and private barbecue/braai facilities.
All units are equipped with air-conditioners and are designed with style and elegance.
Activities on-site includes: Fishing, Fly-fishing, swimming, bird-watching, walking, site-seeing, squash
We require a 50% deposit to secure your booking, payable by either credit card or EFT, with the balance of booking fee payable on arrival at Ikaia River Lodge. Please note that if your pay by EFT, proof of payment needs to be sent to our offices to secure your booking. Electronic transfers from within South Africa are accepted up to three days prior to arrival date. We do not cover for any bank charges for overseas transfers to and out of our banking account.
We reserve the right to release your reservation any time without prior notice if the booking has not been confirmed and deposit paid before arrival.
• Please note all rates are quoted in ZAR (Rands) and are subject to change.
• Rates are quoted inclusive of VAT at 15% where applicable (subject to change).
• If cancelled up to 30 days before date of arrival, 25% of the total price of the reservation will be charged
• If cancelled up to 14 days before date of arrival, 50% of the total price of the reservation will be charged.
• If cancelled later, or in case of no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged and no refunds will be made.
• In the event of a premature departure the full extent of the stay, as originally booked and confirmed, will be charged unless we can re-let your room/s.
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Disabled (wheelchair friendly)
Self-Braai / Barbecue
Bar on the Premises
Parking (off-street - open)
Parking (off-street - covered)
Communal Satellite TV
Ikaia River Lodge is a Guesthouse, Self-Catering, Bed and Breakfast, Caravan park and Holiday Resort in Kakamas Northern Cape South Africa