iGwalagwala Guest House is situated in the Heart of the Greater St. Lucia Wetlands Park in the province of Kwa-Zulu Natal known as the Kingdom of the Zulu.
St Lucia is bordered on the South and West by the Estuary, on the east by the Indian Ocean and on the North by the Cape Vidal Game Reserve. This makes for quick access to all activities and at the same time offers a variety of restaurants, most within walking distance from our front door.
The Greater St. Lucia Wetland Park is South Africa`s first World Heritage Site. We are sure that the treasures we have will more than meet with the expectations of the International World and we have the infrastructure and accommodation to make your stay an unforgettable one.
Accommodation at iGwalagwala Guest House:
Five en suite bedrooms, large lounge and dining room, front patio and back garden pool and braai area.
Off road open parking. House within walking distance of 10 restaurants and town center. Three blocks from the Estuary and 2 kilometers from the Indian Ocean Beaches.
Dinner on request. There is a guest television lounge and bookings for all activities arranged from the house.
Grading - Comfortable with luxuries.
The world renowned big five of Africa, namely the Lion, Elephant, Buffalo, Rhino and Leopard can be viewed on day trips to the nearby Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Game Reserves as well as Mkuzi. These Game reserves which cover over 100 000 hectares of pristine bush land also boast the most comprehensive variety of antelope. Predators and over 450 species of birds.
Whale watching in St. Lucia is possible from late May/ June to middle of November. The majority of sightings in Kwa-Zulu Natal are of Humpacks whales.
Spend the day bathing in the warm Indian Ocean on the beaches of St. Lucia.
Book a night drive on the Eastern Shores of St. Lucia to view leopard, Elephant, Buffalo, Rhino etc.
Cruise by boat on lake St. Lucia to view the Big 6 of the lake & other bird & animal life.
Leave early in the morning on a deap sea fishing trip and spend the day trawling, bottom fishing, etc.
There are a number of traditional Zulu villages which authentically capture the customs and traditions of the rich Zulu culture. Beadwork, wood carvings, baskets, pottery and sculptures give visitors a real taste of ethnic Africa. Vibrant Zulu dancing, traditional African cuisine and African song leaves one with lasting memories of these People of Heaven, (the Zulu Nation).
- If cancellation is made 29+ days before date of arrival, 50% of deposit paid or 25% of full original booking (whichever greater) will apply.
- If cancellation is made 15 - 28 days before date of arrival, 75% of deposit paid or 25% of full original booking (whichever greater) will apply.
- If cancellation is less than14 days before date of arrival, full deposit forfeiture will apply.
- If cancellation is made less than 5 days before date of arrival, full accommodation charge will apply.
- If a no-show occurs, for whatever reason, full deposit forfeiture and balance of accommodation will apply.
- If there is a premature departure, for whatever reason, the charge for the full original booking will apply.
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Special Meals on Request
Fax & Photocopy Machine
Xhosa / Zulu
Communal Satellite TV
iGwalagwala Guest House is a Guesthouse in St Lucia KwaZulu-Natal South Africa