Huis Afrika is situated in a quiet suburb of Vanderbijlpark and offers quality accommodation, ideally suited for a small family, business travelers or overnight guests. The owners live on the premises.
Accommodation is offered in 5 units.
The Rhino unit is a private, open-plan, garden cottage. It comprises a queen-size bed. It is located on the property of the owners. The bathroom has a shower over a corner bath, toilet and basin. The kitchen has a stove and oven, bar fridge, coffee- and tea-making facilities, a microwave, crockery and cutlery.
The Zebra Room comprises a queen-size bed & a three-quarter bed. The bathroom has a shower, toilet and a basin. It has a bar fridge and coffee- and tea-making facilities.
The Elephant Unit room is furnished with a queen-size bed and has a bathroom with a bath, a separate toilet and a basin.
The Buffalo Unit comprises 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. The first bedroom is furnished with a King-size bed or 2 single beds. The second bedroom is furnished with 2 three-quarter beds. The bathroom is fitted with a shower, a basin and a toilet.
The Lion Unit comprises one bedroom and an open-plan kitchen and lounge. The bedroom has a king-size bed and there are 2 single beds in the lounge. The beds can be converted to 4 single beds or 2 king-size beds on request. The kitchen is equipped with a stove, oven, bar fridge, tea- and coffee-making facilities, a microwave, cutlery and crockery. The bathroom has a shower, basin and toilet.
There are 2 cats and 2 dogs on the premises.
Guests have access to a swimming pool and braai facilities during their stay. There is secure parking on the premises for 1 vehicle so guests can rest at ease.
Huis Afrika is near a Shopping Centre as well as numerous restaurants and only 3.2 km from Emerald Casino and 2.5 km from Emfuleni Golf Estate.
* Emerald Animal World
* Aquadome at Emerald Resort
* Gamble at the Emerald Casino
* Suikerbosrand hiking trail
Rooms and Units Available:
The unit comprises 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. The first bedroom is furnished with a King-size bed or two single beds. The second bedroom is furnished with 2 three-quarter beds. in-room facilities include a bar fridge and tea and coffee making facilities.
Sleeps 4 Adults
The room is furnished with a queen-size bed and has a bathroom with a bath, a separate toilet and a basin. Other in-room facilities include a bar fridge and tea and coffee making facilities.
Sleeps 2 Adults
The private apartment comprises a king-size bed in the bedroom and 2 single beds in the open-plan living area. Beds can also be changed to 2 x king beds or 4 x single beds. The bathroom has a shower, toilet and basin. The kitchen has a stove, fridge, coffee and tea making facilities.
Sleeps 4 Adults
The private, open-plan, garden cottage comprises a queen-size bed. The bathroom has a shower over a corner bath, toilet and basin. The kitchen has a stove, bar fridge, coffee and tea making facilities.
Sleeps 2 Adults
This room can accommodate 3 guests and comprises a queen bed & a three-quarter bed. The bathroom is fitted with a shower, toilet and washbasin. Other facilities include a bar fridge and tea and coffee making facilities.
Sleeps 3 Adults
Facilities & Services available:
Babies Children under 12 Self-Braai / Barbecue
Parking (off-street - open) Wi-Fi Afrikaans
English Swimming Pool No Pets Allowed
- If cancelling 1 day before arrival, forfeit 100% of the booking total. - If cancelling 7 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the deposit. - If cancelling 14 days before arrival, forfeit 50% of the deposit. - If cancelling 21 days before arrival, forfeit 25% of the deposit.
Terms and Conditions
HUIS AFRIKA -RELEASE/WAIVER OF LIABILITY & INDEMNITY
Huis Afrika Guest House is used entirely at the risk of the Guest and children of the Guests party. Neither Huis Afrika Guest House, the Owner, nor the Owners Employees, are responsible for any injury, accident, death, property loss or damage, loss of physical or mental enjoyment, expense, cost or inconvenience directly or indirectly caused to the Guest or any child of the Guests party, by or arising out of the use or occupation, or the condition of the Property. The fact that children may be permitted on the Property does not imply that the Property is without risk to children.
I agree as follows:
1. I/We are occupying Huis Afrika Guest House at my/our own and sole risk and are using the facilities, the swimming pool and the surrounding area on the Premises entirely at my/our own risk. I/We are fully aware that there are no lifesaving facilities of any nature provided and l/we hereby indemnify and hold harmless the owner of the Premises and their employees, (‘’the Indemnified Party’’) against all liability for any and all claims whatsoever and howsoever arising, including without limitation, any consequential loss claim, arising from and including without limitation, any loss, theft, or damage to my/our property (whether corporeal or otherwise) or any illness, injury or death which may arise irrespective of the cause of any such loss, theft, damage, illness, injury or death and in particular, whether arising through negligence or recklessness and whether liability would be vicarious or not.
2. I/We irrevocably waive any and all claims (including future claims) l/we may have against the Indemnified Parties and irrevocably indemnify the Indemnified Parties against any and all claims that may be made against the Indemnified Parties by myself/us, my/our dependents, my/our invitees and/or any party gaining access to the Premises through me/us.
3. I/We indemnify the Indemnified Parties against any and all claims against the Indemnified Parties arising from any act or omission, whether culpable or otherwise, of myself/us, my spouse, my/our dependents, my/our invitees and/or any party gaining access to the Premises through me/us.
4. There are 2 Pitbull dogs and 2 cats on the premises. Please treat them with respect and DO NOT TEASE THEM. By signing this form you acknowledge the risk and therefore indemnify Huis Afrika Guest House and the owners of this facility in full and shall have no claim of whatsoever nature against the Huis Afrika Guest House owners including any claim from any injury/ bodily harm/death and or/loss of property.
5. This agreement shall be effective and binding on me, my spouse, my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns in the event of my death.
RELEASE/WAIVER OF LIABILITY & INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, & responsibility for this agreement related to all the listed guests.
The laws of South Africa shall govern this Agreement? the singular will include the plural. If there is more than one Guest, the covenants, agreements and acknowledgments of each person comprise the Guest.
HOUSE RULES & REGULATIONS
• Management is not liable for loss of personal property:
• Check-out time is 10H00. Late check out fee at R100 per hour will be charged. Extension of stay will be subject to Unit availability.
Smoking inside the unit is strictly prohibited. You are welcome to smoke outside, there is an ashtray outside.
• Please switch off lights, heaters and other electrical appliances and please make sure all the taps are properly close when not in use.
• When unattended, please close unit windows and keep doors locked
• Please report immediately any damaged or faulty equipment to Hettie or Johann.
• Adhere to parking rules and do not block the movement of other vehicles. ONLY ONE VEHICLE PER UNIT
• No pets allowed.
• No Parties or functions allowed.
• The facilities are for guests only.
• No boomboxes or loud music allowed. Please respect other paying guests after 22H00 and keep noise levels low.
• Remember to leave your room key at the office(house) or in the key safe in case of early checkout. Lost key and remote will be charged at R300.
• Guests are obligated to pay for any damage they cause, if they are unable to provide that they are not responsible or the damage.
• There is no TV in the rooms. We do have Wi-fi. You can bring your laptop or tablet to stream your programs on your TV Subscriptions.
• Please leave the place neatly when leaving.
• Right of admission is Reserved.
• PLEASE NOTE: Here are two Pitbull dogs living on Huis Afrika Guest House’s premises!!
O.R. Tambo International Airport
1 Jones Rd, Kempton Park, Johannesburg, 1632
Get on R24 in Isando from Exit 46
4 min (2.4 km)
Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Lodge
Toward right onto To Parking Rd
Keep right to continue on OR Tambo Parking
Keep right at the fork to continue on Exit 46, follow signs for R24/Johannesburg
Follow R24, N12 and N1 to R57. Exit from N1
51 min (84.2 km)
Continue onto R24
Merge onto N12/R24
Use the left 3 lanes to take exit 113 for N3 S/N12 toward M2/Kimberley/Germiston/Durban
Merge onto N3 Eastern Bypass/N12/N3
Keep right to stay on N3 Eastern Bypass/N12/N3
Keep right at the fork to continue on N12
Use the left 2 lanes to take exit 67 for M68 toward Soweto
Keep right, follow signs for N12/Bloemfontein/Kimberley and merge onto N1/N12
Keep right at the fork to continue on N1
Take the exit toward R57
Continue on R57. Drive to Offenbach St in Vanderbijlpark S. W. 5, Vanderbijlpark
15 min (14.3 km)
Continue onto R57
Take exit 2 toward R42/Vandebijlpark
Turn left onto Ravel St
Continue onto Beethoven St
Continue onto Sullivan St
Turn left onto Offenbach St
Destination will be on the left
32 Offenbach St., Vanderbijlpark S. W. 5, Vanderbijlpark, 1911