Hout Bay Manor is a historical, architectural landmark situated in the serene seaside fishing village of Hout Bay, Cape Town.
The Manor is renowned for its 5 star boutique accommodation, the bespoke fine dining restaurant Pure and its rejuvenating Wellness Suite, which offers an array of health and beauty treatments.
Due to its location, guests can explore with ease the scenic Cape Peninsula and visit the famous Chapmans Peak, Noordhoek, Camps Bay, Table Mountain, Robben Island and the ever popular Waterfront.
Built in 1871 by Jacob Trautmann, it was originally known as the Royal Hotel and was popular as a romantic location for honeymooners. This unexpected isle of charm and grace, created in the traditional Cape Colonial Style, has been completely restored, recapturing the tranquility and allure of a bygone era.
Accommodation at Hout Bay Manor:
Each of our 20 distinctive rooms has been individually designed with beautifully appointed en-suite bathrooms, many with free-standing baths, wooden floors and bespoke decorative chandeliers.
The Sotho, for instance, features double rooms with an exotic private garden terrace and a refreshing alfresco shower. Bask in the mountain views from upstairs in The Xhosa, beautifully crafted double rooms, or The Zulu, with its picturesque views of the exquisite gardens and sparkling pool.
Relax under the shade of custom-made Zulu umbrellas in the Tea Garden, amidst century old Plain trees, indigenous plants, succulents and shrubs, or soak in the African sun on luxurious loungers by the private sparkling pool.
Its the perfect setting for sketching, painting, bird watching, or you can catch up on some reading from our library. Indulge yourself with our menu of massage, facials and other pampering therapies in our Inzolo Wellness Suite.
Directions from the Airport (30 minutes) and Cape Town (20 minutes):
- Take the N2 to Cape Town.
- Follow the signs to M3 Muizenberg (Kirstenbosch).
- Once you are on the M3, follow it past the University of Cape Town.
- At the first traffic light, turn right into Rhodes Drive and follow the signs to Kirstenbosch and Hout Bay.
- Continue on Rhodes Drive past Kirstenbosch and up Constantia Nek while still following the signs to Hout Bay.
- At the bottom of Constantia Nek there is a traffic circle. Carry on straight into Main Road that will take you to Hout Bay.
- Once in the village you will pass a Shell Garage on your left.
- Take the next left turn-off under the "Hout Bay Manor" archway. You will find the hotel 500 metres down the road on the left.