Hohenstein Lodge is located on the bottom of the highest peak of the Erongo mountains. In the evening, spectacular sunsets
bathe the mountain in fantastic red light. The view over the vast landscape extends as far as the Spitzkoppe peak, protruding as a prominent relief from the plain. The lodge is the perfect starting point for exciting outings at the Hohenstein and for day-trips to the Spitzkoppe or the neighbouring Ameib farm.
The grounds of Hohenstein Lodge belong to the most impressive sceneries of Namibia. The lodge was named after the highest peak of the Erongo mountains, the Hohenstein, on whose bottom it is actually located. The former farm area directly borders on the Damara homeland.
Hohenstein Lodge is the lodge closest to Spitzkoppe. And the famous ‚Philipps Cave‘ rock paintings as well as the ‚Bull’s Party‘ granite boulder formations are located just around the corner on the neighboring farm.
The position of the lodge is perfect for self-drive tours between Brandberg and Spitzkoppe as it is located on the southwestern edge of the Erongo mountain range right on the bottom of the impressive Hohenstein massif, approximately 25 km north of Usakos on the D 1935.
A two-day adventure package can be exclusively booked through Hohenstein Lodge. One overnight stay at Hohenstein Lodge, one night in the new Etemba Wilderness Camp, including guided hikes and meals. For "Absolute Erongo": tent camp at Etemba
farm. 10 furnished tents with 20 beds and sanitary facilities.
Hohenstein Lodge accommodation:
- 6 Chalets with 14 double rooms including Family Suites: 2 (2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms)
- Accessible to disabled people: 2
- Tour guide rooms: 1
The Hohenstein Lodge offers accommodation in 14 spacious rooms with en-suite shower /WC and in-room safe. Relax in the private atmosphere of the shady terrace belonging to each room and enjoy the unique scenic view.
14 double rooms with en-suite shower / WC, private terrace and in-room safe
Restaurant with fireplace in the main building
Large observation platform
Swimming pool with panoramic view
220V electric current outlets
The Hohenstein Lodge offers accommodation in 14 spacious rooms with en-suite shower /WC and in-room safe. Relax in the private atmosphere of the shady terrace belonging to each room and enjoy the unique scenic view. Or take a dip in the swimming pool that also offers a panoramic vista.
Reception and restaurant are located in the main building. During the summer season, you can have breakfast on our large terrace. Our sumptuous buffet is waiting for you. And for dinner, let us enchant you with our African night. Our European-style dishes will flatter your taste buds with African influences.
The main building, swimming pool and bungalows are connected by comfortably paved walkways. Some of the rooms offer disabled-friendly comfort including floor-flush, barrier-free and very spacious showers.
Activities in and around Hohenstein Lodge:
- Hiking and climbing on the giant granite rocks in Boulder Forest
- Relaxed exploring of the farm roads and paths with two fat bikes, off-road bicycles
- Guided half-day hikes to the mineral miners at the Hohenstein digging for tourmalines, aquamarines and other minerals on
the steep slopes
- Hikes or walks on well-maintained trails on the farm grounds, through dry river beds and past ancient camel thorn trees
- Bird watching
- Scenic drives through the most beautiful areas of 8,000 ha farm grounds
- Starting point for half-day trips to Spitzkoppe or Ameib farm with the national monuments Bulls Party or Philipps Cave
on your own
Facilities and Services:
- Credit card facilities
- WiFi (free internet access)
- Main unit with restaurant, bar and terrace
- Swimming pool with sun deck and shaded areas
- Barrier-free and paved walkways
- Signposted hiking trails
- Bird watching place
- Landing strip on farm grounds
- Mobile phone connectivity
- Souvenirs sale
- Laundry service
- Hot water production and power generation with solar energy
- Restaurant and two rooms barrier free