is managed with uncompromising quality of service and attention to detail. Uniquely situated on the highest point of the famous Knysna Heads, Headlands House offers breathtaking views.
Guests have access to a private lounge, bar and a stunning cliff-edge swimming pool.
Breakfast is a sumptuous affair, served whilst dolphins and whales frolic, or yachts slip silently out between the Heads.
Four luxury en-suite rooms, with private balconies, capture the majestic Heads, the mighty Indian Ocean and a romantic fairytale view of the Knysna Lagoon and Outeniqua Mountains.
For complete relaxation and comfort, Headlands House is the perfect escape for a romantic sojourn and an ideal base from which to explore the Garden Route.
Accommodation at Headlands House:
Coney Glen Room
Crisp percale cotton sheets and rich fabrics throughout, as well as handpicked antiques in the Coney Glen Suite, offers guests comfortable elegance. The suite offers sweeping views of the Knysna Heads, and the sea, as well as the Knysna Lagoon and the Outeniqua Mountains. Its bathroom offers equally dramatic cliff views of The Heads and the sea, from an extra large oval bathtub. It has two private balconies with beautiful sea and lagoon views.
Carved Elephants silently watch over you while you dream of another magical day in Africa. Enjoy breathtaking sea and cliff views overlooking the Knysna Heads. The bedroom and balcony provide the perfect place to savour these vistas.
Bird View Room
Offers all encompassing views of the Knysna Lagoon and the Outeniqua Mountains. From a private balcony overlooking the pool, one can enjoy a romantic fairytale view of Knysna at night. Birds View has a spacious bathroom, with a large spa bath.
Where fynbos rambles down to the sea, at Coney Glen Beach. Watch the fishermen on the rocks and enjoy magnificent sunsets from a large balcony.
Knysna Sea Horse Room
Embrace the tones and vistas of the Sea and Cliffs from this beautifully decorated room, and enjoy the dramatic view through The Heads which can be savoured from the bedroom as well as its lovely private balcony.
Pansy Shell Room
The Pansy Shell Room is sea facing with a lovely balcony overlooking the Fynbos and houses on The Heads.It is a cosy and warm ,self contained room for two and has the additional benefit of a kitchen counter top with an under counter fridge and microwave.
Headlands House Activities:
"The breathtakingly beautiful scenery starts right here at your luxury guest house accommodation with views over the cliffs and out across the warm Indian Ocean, where sightings of dolphin and whales can often be made.
Further afield we can offer activities and places of interest to meet everyone's interest. Our staff will only be too happy to assist and advise you further.
On our doorstep:
- Coney Glen Beach (5min walk)
- Famous Knysna Heads View Site (2min walk)
- Leisure Island is 5min drive away
- (5min drive for leisurely swims with magnificent vistas of the Outeniqua Mountains and the majestic entrance to the Heads where the sea enters the lagoon)
- Attractions in the immediate area
- Lagoon Cruises and Nature trail
- Lagoon, river and deep sea fishing
- Knysna Elephant Park
- Knysna, Pezula and Simola Golf courses - (reduced rates offered for Pezula)
- Abseiling down the Knysna Heads (Worlds Highest)
- Mountain bike tours
- Forest walks and hikes
- Sun, sea, and surf on soft sandy beaches
- Various restaurants for every taste
- Attractions East of Knysna - (within one hours drive)
- Whale watching
- Tree Top Canopy Tours
- Worlds Highest Bungy Jump (216m)
- Monkeyland and Bird Sanctuary
- Spectacular game reserves
- Stormsriver Mouth Adventures
- Attractions West of Knysna - (within two hours drive)
- Quad Bike Safari + Game viewing
- White Shark Cage Diving
- Attractions North of Knysna - (within two hours drive)
- World Famous Cango Caves
- Cango Crocodile and Cheetah Ranch
- Ask your host for assistance and details of any of the activities that you wish to enjoy
Headlands House Map:
Number Eleven Self Catering Villa is tucked away at The Heads on the edge of the Knysna lagoon. This 5 star self catering house has recently been fully refurbished to a very high standard as part of the well established Milkwood Resort Collection.
The 5 star Mount Knysna has panoramic views over the ocean and Knysna Lagoon. Five elegant rooms, as well as an outdoor heated pool, wine cellar, gym and cinema are just a few of the many amenities that ensure the best.
It is against the Eastern head at the mouth to the Indian Ocean, that Beacon House has been created, featuring 4 ultra spacious and luxurious apartments. Beacon House is the ideal base from which to explore the area.
per person sharing
Head over Hills is an exclusive retreat situated on the jagged edge of the famous rocky cliffs of the Knysna Heads. We offer you a unique and beautiful setting for the perfect breakaway.
per person sharing
Paquita is a 3-bedroom self catering holiday house located on the shores of the Knysna Lagoon, with private access to the beach.