One of the Country`s most beautiful houses and magnificent stud farms, Hartford offers sumptuously appointed en-suite luxury suites and bedrooms, with under-floor heating.
Dine at the table of thoroughbred lore, recount the memories of royal visits and indulge in a feast of the region`s finest produce and a selection of great wines.
The festivals of spring and summer are heralded by a profusion of daffodils, flowering cherries and ancient roses, whilst the magnificence of autumn and winter are celebrated in perfect days with roaring log fires in the evenings.
Witness the preparation of champions, or the stallions of the Sheik`s of Dubai. Wander through the 7000-acre game conservancy, or cast a line in tranquil estate waters.
Accommodation at Hartford House: The Lakeside Suites
Each suite as unique as the material it is constructed from.
The Manor House Suites
Housed within the precincts of the original manor house, these suites are named for the three families that have occupied Hartford for the first 150 years of its existence.
The Garden and Pool Suites
Erected in celebration of Hartford’s transition into hospitality, these suites have prime locations in the establishment’s award-winning gardens.
The Verandah Suites
Built in an era when the prime mode of transport was on horseback, the “stables” were home to the carriage horses of the estate’s first custodians.
Hartford House Activities: Hartford offers you:
- Trout and Bass Fishing
- Award winning restaurant; candle light dinner; veranda site breakfast and lunches.
- Teas, scones and cakes served in the splendor of natures most beautiful garden.
- Horse riding: expansive bridle paths and tracks
- Walks on extensive Game Conservancy - numerous species of wild animals, birds and flora
- Birding on estate and nearby famed Karkloof Gorge and Drakensberg heritage reserve.
- Pool and pavillion with Sauna, Barbecue, etc.
- Personalised Stud Farm Tours
Click to display the map