Gwahumbe Game and Spa has a diverse variety of activities available:
testing your driving skills on challenging 4 x 4 trails
bring along your mountain bike to navigate our 18km fully marked route which forms a part of the Mid-Illovo Husqvarna Classic Mountain bike race
team building activities
enjoying game viewing drives in open Land Cruisers
hiking through the dramatic Gwahumbe Gorge
enjoying a refreshing dip in the pool at the lodge or at the waterfall
just relaxing and taking in the breathtaking scenery.
spoil yourself at our well equipped Spa which includes steam room, hydro bath and a variety of touch and beauty therapies by our qualified therapists.
Luxury Self-Catering Unit, with two en-suite bedrooms and a children’s loft with its own bathroom downstairs.
- Proceed along the N3 towards Pietermaritzburg.
- Take the Camperdown (exit 57) off-ramp.
- At the top of the off-ramp turn left.
- Proceed for about 3 km to the T-junction with the R603.
- Turn left and proceed down the R603 towards Umbumbulu.
- After about 22 Km you will see a signpost to Mid-Illovo. (when you reach the Caltex garage on your left at the Eston cross roads, you are 7 km from this sign - CONTINUE along the R603).
- Turn right at this sign off the R603 and proceed for 12 Km to the village of Mid-Illovo. Mid-Illovo consists of a Spar, a Police Station, a bottle store, a small filling station and a few houses.
- Drive through the village and 300m beyond the village turn left onto the Ismont Rd.
- Proceed for 1.2 km along the Ismont road, and then turn left onto a gravel road, the D368.
- Proceed along the D368 for 1.7 km and turn left at the Gwahumbe sign.
- You are now on our access road and about 800m from our entrance gate. Turn left as indicated by the arrow at the fork.
- Shortly thereafter you will reach our entrance gate.